Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gear' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Actually, its the wallpaper that adds the finishing touch

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

just want to throw in that ive got a mac. after 10 years of destroyed PCs... i had to get one... i've had it for a year now and it runs as cleanly and smoothly as the day i bought it. never a problem.

people put windows on their macs for one reason only. To use unavailable programs. Games mostly... but some other programs as well. in my case it was AutoCadd.

within 3 minutes of installing windows and norton and autocadd.... i had 3 viruses. 3minutes. 1 year... no viruses... 3 minutes... 3 viruses. i hadnt even directly connected to the internet either. they went straight in through the network.
    now everytime i want to use windows i have to unplug the DSL before i startup.

people use macs because they dont freak out on you. they are simple, and years ahead of the competition. they are fully plug and play... nearly every program i have was just drag and droped to my applications folder and it was installed.... their screens are higher resolution than standard pc screens - including most of the flat panels. they are basically built for creative people... get past all the confusing stuff and on to the task at hand in the least amount of time as possible so that the creative process won't be broken.

the only problem i've ever had was watching videos on the internet. then, i found a wonderful site with free plug-ins and now i can see anything online that i want... you can also drag and drop any image you find online directly to the desktop.

but heres my favorite part.... rainstorm outside... lights go out. unsaved 15 page term paper lost right? nope. as soon as the electricity came back i turn it back on... asks if i want to restore my Word session. I do, of course. and i think i lost the sentence i was typing... thats it. Ive had saved papers on my old pc disappear for no reason.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What the hell do you people do on your computers? I haven't had a virus in years.

Office has auto-recovery as well.

btw What is AutoCad used for?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you might not realize that you have dormant trojans and such

run a good Virus checker and see the list

back when I had a Compaq running XP, I decided to run a virus scan on my HD out of curiosity ....... there were over 100. I found it weird that I seemed to not be experiencing any adverse effects .... until I Tried to remove them
    -then everything went to hell . several Trojans activated - it was bad

after a week and several re-formats and reinstalls of the OS, I bought a Mac

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

alot of that time was speant in college on the schools networks. i still live in a college area saving money and paying loans and am on the local dsl system with about 6000 kids under 23.

AutoCadd is a computer drafting software. can be used for anything that needs to be built. I hate it personally because i can build the same thing in another 3-d program in about a 10th of the time (and it will look 1000 times better) but many companies and engineers still use AutoCadd for layouts and blueprints.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't use Norton. I changed not long ago to Avast (Makes the computer run so much smoother too)

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I said use a good Virus checker
    I said nothing of Norton
    and I didn't ask how smooth your pooter runs
    show me the list

:evil:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why do you laugh at yourself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar