Windows 8/ Microsoft Surface

Discussion in 'Gear' started by XO, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

Is this what we're doing?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Give it a real chance. I've had Windows 8 at my work laptop for 2 months now. It's smooth and fast. On a pc you dont use the Metro/Modern UI. You tab the Windows button on your keyboard and there is the Desktop. Then you either creates shortcuts on the Desktop or on the taskbar as you do in Win7.
    You can have the taskbar including the pinned programs on several monitors, that's real nice.
    And you don't miss the start menu. If you miss a program, tab the Windows button on the keyboard og type the name of the application. The search is super fast and faster than the one in the start menu in Win7.

So, the Modern UI... on a PC, it's irrelevant.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

[​IMG]

Seriously though, **** apple. Suicide nets, the way they treat those people like slaves in those factories... I won't be buying an Apple product. I probably going to go to hell for a lot of things, but that **** won't be one of them. Steve Jobs' money won't help him where he is now.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ever buy anything from Nike? It's like the same exact thing.

5. Ghost

Nope. Ask Scarecrow I am incredible cheap when it comes to footwear as well. $15 walmart specials all month long.

EDIT

With that being said... its probably the same thing but in Mexico

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I buy Tom's so they send a pair to a poor kid. I also bought Tom's sunglasses.

I'm better than you.

j/k

I don't wear Tom's footwear nor should any other straight grown man.
    I did buy the sunglasses, they are sweet.
    [​IMG]

I'm one of those douches who has like 30 pairs of Sperry's, Cole Haan's and Clark's.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ghost is so cheap I am ashamed to go out in public with him. Only person who I have seen that tries to haggle at the dollar store.

8. Ghost

Whatever...

if that package has a dent on it, thats an easy 50 cents off. Judge me all you want, but I know which one of us has change for a gumball on the way out the door.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Ghost, the package-denter

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Anyone that dislikes the Metro UI (Start Menu) I would suggest trying Pokki for Windows 8:
    http://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu

It will put the Start Menu icon in the bottom left again of your taskbar, as well as remaps the Windows key to open that program's start menu, you can still use the Metro if you go to the right side corners but this will pretty much replace Metro unless you want to use it. Looks very similar to the old Start Menu, and it's Free so it can't hurt to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar