Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Windows 8/ Microsoft Surface

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Tennessy XO, Dec 27, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,570
    [IMG]

Is this what we're doing?
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  2. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $472
    Give it a real chance. I've had Windows 8 at my work laptop for 2 months now. It's smooth and fast. On a pc you dont use the Metro/Modern UI. You tab the Windows button on your keyboard and there is the Desktop. Then you either creates shortcuts on the Desktop or on the taskbar as you do in Win7.
    You can have the taskbar including the pinned programs on several monitors, that's real nice.
    And you don't miss the start menu. If you miss a program, tab the Windows button on the keyboard og type the name of the application. The search is super fast and faster than the one in the start menu in Win7.

So, the Modern UI... on a PC, it's irrelevant.
    Gunny and Tennessy XO high five this.
  3. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,557
    [IMG]

Seriously though, **** apple. Suicide nets, the way they treat those people like slaves in those factories... I won't be buying an Apple product. I probably going to go to hell for a lot of things, but that **** won't be one of them. Steve Jobs' money won't help him where he is now.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,071
    Ever buy anything from Nike? It's like the same exact thing.
  5. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,557
    Nope. Ask Scarecrow I am incredible cheap when it comes to footwear as well. $15 walmart specials all month long.

EDIT

With that being said... its probably the same thing but in Mexico
  6. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,711
    I buy Tom's so they send a pair to a poor kid. I also bought Tom's sunglasses.

I'm better than you.

j/k

I don't wear Tom's footwear nor should any other straight grown man.
    I did buy the sunglasses, they are sweet.
    [IMG]

I'm one of those douches who has like 30 pairs of Sperry's, Cole Haan's and Clark's.
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $74
    Ghost is so cheap I am ashamed to go out in public with him. Only person who I have seen that tries to haggle at the dollar store.
  8. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,557
    Whatever...

if that package has a dent on it, thats an easy 50 cents off. Judge me all you want, but I know which one of us has change for a gumball on the way out the door.
  9. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $472
    Ghost, the package-denter
    Titans Eternal, Ghost, Gunny and 1 other person high five this.
  10. 2ToneBlue Starter

Moolah:
    $574
    Anyone that dislikes the Metro UI (Start Menu) I would suggest trying Pokki for Windows 8:
    http://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu

It will put the Start Menu icon in the bottom left again of your taskbar, as well as remaps the Windows key to open that program's start menu, you can still use the Metro if you go to the right side corners but this will pretty much replace Metro unless you want to use it. Looks very similar to the old Start Menu, and it's Free so it can't hurt to try.