Wily Bill Gates still up to old tricks in new Vista OS

Discussion in 'Gear' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Has anyone ever experienced firefox disable/uninstall itself on a Microsoft machine? I am really starting to think that this is an intentional happening on the part of the programmers. It's really annoying. It happens about once a week. The Firefox shortcut becomes disabled all on it's own and Vista asks me if I'd like to delete it. Sometimes it will revert to a "broken" icon in the start window. It's really weird. Anyone with a similar experience? Re-installing it is very easy and doesn't take long at all. I just shouldn't have to. Explorer just needs to accept that I'm not going to use him unless I need to. (yes, I just personified a web-browser)

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

couldn't tell ya
    i do remmber IE and AOL being leeches
    IIRC there's a way to remove the registry entries pertaining to IE

3. I've been using Vista for a number of months and haven't seen that.

But I still can't get Quicktime to work... hmmm... :hmm:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no QuickTime ? .... bummer

5. I can use Quicktime Alternative, which lets me download clips and watch them in other video software. But the plugin won't work with my browser, so embeded clips are useless and it can crash Firefox.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

double bummer

quicktime comes in might handy for my "alternative" clips :brow:

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

i run Firefox, Thunderbird, Quicktime and iTunes in Vista without issue...have been doing so for several months.

8. It works for most people, it just won't keep the audio and video synced on mine. But I haven't tried it in a few months, so maybe I'll give it another shot today.

I did just get my old Palm syncing finally...

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

well if alll fails and you can't play them, use your imagination like i do :brow:

[​IMG]

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well, with them getting rid of ActiveSync in Vista it has caused some issues for some peripherals. Programming my NevoSL universal remote has required some workarounds because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar