Williams v McCaffrey - Draft Wars Rd. 1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 15, 2017.

?
  1. Williams

57.5%
  2. McCaffrey

42.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah I took it as CM lol...All good. I doubt we take him honestly though

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

It would be a shocking pick for sure but I wouldn't hate it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah same...I think they go 1 offense and 1 defense...or (2 offense) in the first personally

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 615nick

615nick Starter

How in the hell is williams winning this? Do the williams voters watch football?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Because McCaffrey is Danny Woodhead 2.0.....Williams sucks, but this thread doesn't surprise me.

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Lol we have 2 solid running backs already. If we waste a 1st on a position where most teams get undrafted starting talent at regularly then we are idiotic

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Two solid RBs that are good receivers out of the backfield

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

Yes, but as I mentioned earlier, Murray is 29 and he's got a lot of mileage on those tires; even more so than most 29-year-old backs (he had a ton of carries in Big-D). He spent a lot of last season nursing injuries! I fear his production may go downhill fast and let's face it, Henry is not a shifty back. McCaffrey would be an excellent compliment to him.

Having said that, I agree with you that talent can be had for a lot lower cost than on say, pick #18 (if CM is even there at that point); however, that talent is not Christian McCaffrey! Also, I don't think the Titans are light years away from contention and I think CM would be a helpful addition to the team and potentially huge weapon in the arsenal. Another gigantic plus for CM, he's an extremely safe pick: you know he'll buy into what the Titans are selling, work extremely hard and management will never have to worry about the guy off the field.

Just my 2 cents worth.

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I like CM as a player, but he just does not really fit what we need in the 1st round. He could be a solid slot guy, but that would be limiting his potential severely. If we just wanted a good slot WR, there's plenty of players later in the draft that could fill that role. And if we want a good backup RB to compliment Henry in a year or two, there's also plenty of solid RB's in this draft. There's just no point to us taking him.

As for Mike Williams, he wasn't asked to do much in college as far as route tree, but that doesn't mean he can't do it or can't learn. Plenty of guys have profiled as only having a few routes and just being big men who can jump coming out of college, and have gone on to excel in the league. What he does have is an unteachable knack for making impressive catches in coverage. Dez Bryant has made a career of that (and for what it's worth, they have the exact same 40 time, and are nearly the same size). You can't tell me for a moment that you wouldn't want a guy with Dez's abilities on the Titans.

Now personally, I'd rather have OJ Howard over Williams, but for now that's not the question.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Considering absolute need- Mccaffrey as a WR is an absolute joke compared to Williams, and I'm not high on Williams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar