Williams to Visit Titans on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Former USC WR Mike Williams is scheduled to visit Baptist Sports Park on Tuesday. Williams, selected 10th overall by the Lions in the 2005 draft, was a bust in Detroit, catching only 37 passes in two seasons. The Raiders acquired him in April but released him last week. Titans offensive coordinator, Norm Chow, was the OC for the Trojans while Williams played at Southern Cal.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Looks like Troupe potentially has some competition...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The main problem with that is that they play a different position...

We have plenty of WRs, and I don't think he has much of a chance. This one is not worth it.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I see him as a TE prospect...

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree- but more like a slot TE. Surely he catches better than Troupe.

(Probably runs better also- what a lame return yesterday.)

It can't hurt to take a look.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Toupe just looks disinterested in football nowadays

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

All i am saying is that if we don't get our passing game in gear, we ain't going pass the playoffs well at least i hope so!!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Troupe is useless. We might as well give Williams a shot, although I realize how wildly unpopular the idea is. It's just that with all the little "trips", short routes and hooks Chow runs... who knows?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Defense win championships
    a good solid running game helps too
    slinging it up and down the field isn't necessarily necessary
    would be nice for receivers to quit giving up on routes and dropping easy catches ... not that Mike Williams is going to fix any of that though

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm intrigued by Williams because I don't think Detroit or Oakland used him like they should have. I think he is a hitch/curl/flat guy. His hands appear to work best to me when he is NOT in full stride. I think Chow used him alot in this capacity at USC and that's why he is coming in for a grade. Moulds is the only receiver we got that has the frame for it (maybe Paul Williams- be we apparently he hasn't impressed coaches) and Moulds is just not getting much separation.

Seems like there might be a good place for Williams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar