Will Wright ever break a 100 yards in a game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Jan 11, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I pick on him b/c he was our fist round draft pick last year. I like wright and I think he will make a good #2 wr, but we could have taken someone better or a wr with more upside like josh gordon...

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I never heard of Josh Gordon before the draft. I can't blame the Titans for taking a proven, hyper productive guy coming out of college. Same goes for TY Hilton, no one was talking about him at all but now everyone wants to pretend they knew all along. I agree with JCBrave that Kendall is more of a second round talent but for whatever reason Tennessee decided WR was a position of need and he was the most proven option on the board. I didn't like that we went WR in the first at all because I didn't think it was a true need but I'm happy with Wright.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

TitansWillWin2 has some unreasonable disdain for Kendall Wright. Nothing to see here.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Interesting example.

There were reports of the Cleveland Browns being upset we took Wright just 2 picks before them. We weren't the only team to think so highly of Kendall Wright just so you know.

Who's to say if Josh Gordon comes to the Titans he doesn't have a worse year than Wright...

There's only so much one can do being stuck on a dumb team like ours.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Josh Gordon also didn't have to put up with being thrown 12 screens per game. How do you rack up a decent yards per catch total when most of the balls you are thrown are either on or behind the line of scrimmage?

6. JCBRAVE

No he's allowed to not love every move we make.

When we re-signed Eugene Amano I was like this team is out of their minds. But everyone but maybe 1 or 2 posters said "oh no they re-signed him for big bucks, he must be good, they wouldn't re-signs some bum".

Oh but they would LOL.

Fans are allowed to get on any player they want as long as they can justify why they feel that way. And TWW2's opinion of Wright is pretty spot on, he's not a No.1 WR no matter how bad you wish he was.

The only reason I'm not that way with Wright is because we've got bigger issues to address. I can't nit pick over the petty stuff like our best WR not having a higher average.

7. JCBRAVE

I agree with you

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Actually we couldn't. Josh Gordon wasn't available in the NFL draft he was drafted in the supplemental draft.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This is silly

he was drafted at what, 20? Of ****ing course he is not a number one. We didn't take him in the top 10. Why in the holy **** would anyone think he would be a number one as a rookie?

Give this guy two more years, and then we can talk about him being a number one. Because truth be told, outside of like 3 players, we have no real number ones at any position. I would leave our rookie receiver alone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So it's justified to ask if he will ever receive 100 yards in a game?

The guy is good. Don't care if he is a "true" #1 in the sense of being a "true" #1. Wes Welker aint a true #1, but he produces like one. Wright can do the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar