Will Whisenhunt Adjust?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jul 8, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

When I say "evidence", I am saying I want to see indications that all of those things you mention above were due to him wanting to tank and not due to just being a mediocre coach. In other words, I want to see marked improvement....early in the season.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It wasn't pure tanking ... we were (and are) a bad team. I just think Whiz intentionally didn't do anything to help cover up how bad we were.

If you are going to be bad ... might as well be really bad

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I'm not convinced that Whiz wanted Mariota. I think he would much rather have traded for Rivers or even Bradford. When Whiz came to the Titans, the reports were that he preferred the big pocket arm, and his recent history of rookie QBs didn't work too well for him. I hope Whiz will adjust to Mariota's skillset and embrace him as his QB, but I fear we may have another Fisher/VY situation.

I hope to God I'm wrong.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It would never be like VY-Fisher, Fisher never respected VY, Whiz if nothing else seems impressed by Mariota.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Whiz didn't have "He's" pick in the 1st RD in ARZ as far as QB goes , they wanted him to make M. Lienart the franchise QB , that wasn't working out in any way , he switched to K. Warner. After Warner left ARZ still wanted M.Lienart the be the guy, but he still couldn't get it done. Later ARZ traded for that Kolb fella from PHI ... Still didn't work.
    Whiz has done well with actual QB talent B. Rothlesburgur , K. Warner , P. Rivers. He helped make Warner good agin , Warner was an after thought when NYG cut him and not many expected much from Warner after that. Rivers wasn't doing so hot Whiz helped making him elite agin. Rothlesburger had been good and great with or without Whiz , but a lot of PIT fans have said that Whiz was instrumental for Rothlesburger's early development.
    I think with Whiz and company picking MM the Titans have their guy and we all will finally see what Whiz is really about.
    All I'm waiting for is for MM and the Titans to finally come to terms and sign that contract.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I am convinced that Whiz wanted MM. I don't know if he wanted MM at first, but I think once they really started studying and spending time with MM, I think everyone wanted him.

Whiz just seems to light up (as does everyone) when talking about Mariota ... that is what has me convinced.

Would he have 'preferred' Rivers? Maybe, but only because he KNEW what he would get with Rivers. Not because he didn't want Mariota. I don't think there was any truth to that rumor anyway .... Just a bunch of bored people trying to connect dots that weren't really there.

There is no way this will be a VY /Fisher situation IMO.

Even though VY was forced on Fisher, I think VY/Fisher would've been ok had VY brought the right attitude and professionalism day in and day out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I've been saying all off season that the key is the OL. Fixing it makes everything better. QB has more than 2 seconds to throw, RB don't get hit in the backfield, and converting 3rd downs keeps the defense from playing 40+ minutes a game and getting gassed.

The only thing is, how good will the OL really be? Lewan looks solid, Warmack finished strong and is getting in better shape. Great, that's 2 of 5 spots. We have injury issues at center, Levitre blows and no RT, unless they're expecting the rookie to start.

The OL is my #1 concern with this team now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed...I am very worried

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar