Will we transition to a read offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Yea I understand the reason. However, I don't think he is the most durable QB ever either. He's had some bad luck getting hurt before. The risk is kind of too much to me.

The parts of the pistol I do like is that is gives the RB his movement steps like I formation does and it gives the QB a quicker reaction/throw setup much like Gun, it's the best of both worlds or at least a pretty nice intermediate between the two. I think you can run the pistol without doing the read option.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

What the pistol does for Kaep is it hides his under center problems with getting the snapped ball and his 3/5 step footwork being a bit clumsy at times. These are both problems with Locker as well. And it still gives a solid run option that keeps the defense honest.
  3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Exactly. The timing of the pistol offense can get the defense all messed up. I think we can run pistol/gun/I with a read option and see some really great results.