Will Warren Moon make the HOF

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simple question will Warren Moon be voted into the Hall of Fame in the upcoming ballot?

2. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Hope so, that game against Kansas City still sticks in the memory.. I'm still trying to forget Buffalo in 93

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moon is in...

No way in hell you can not vote in a guy with 49K yards passing. Actually you could make the case that moon was a better qB than aikman. He has a better career TD to int ratio and certainly played a lot longer. While moon never went to a super bowl he did lead a team to 7 playoff appearences in 8 years. Aikman desrves to be in with his three super bowl rings but once the talent around him dried up so did he. He wasn't very durable and didn't play as long as most HOF QBs.

I'm wondering, the name of the hall is pro football hall of fame not nfl hall of fame. Does moon's 5 canadian championships matter at all? Even a little?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes, I believe Moon's CFL records can be looked at.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

A little, but not much. Lets face it, its basically the NFL Hall Of Fame. CFL/USFL/whateverFL stats will only help you if you also had a great NFL career.

Also, I cant believe Art Monk hasnt gotten in on 5 tries already. If Irvin makes it in before he does there is no justice in the world.

7. He has a good chance now. It's not a sure thing for Moon, but Michael Irvin's "friend's" drug paraphenalia probably knocks him out of the running this year.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh I forget about his "Longest Yard" moment!

I would say Moon is a lock, but maybe, just maybe, not this year. I hope he makes it this year, though.

9. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

He should, even though he never won the Championship, he still had great records, so if Marino goes, so does he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar