Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

I seen on espn news that Vince might decide not too. do you guys know anything about this?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I heard the same thing about Leinart
    leaving Cutler as the top QB who'll actually throw
    (can you say stock-rising boys and girls ?)

3. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

This may belong on another thread. I love Cutler and all but the media is setting him up for a titanic collapse.
    Oh and don't let the free time before the draft fool you. I believe Vince is our pick.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

who cares if Young is at the combine. It seems more and more that players are holding there own combines so they are the star of the show.

Personally I hope Young flops in his. I do not think he is the QB of the future for the Titans. Running QB's don't survive that long.

5. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Two words.... Randall Cunningham

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Man... Young is nothing more than Hype. I'm have little hope that the Titans' would consider Cutler at three... or for some reason Leinart falls to three. I know people don't agree with me, but Cutler is the real deal. It's been reported that Young will only being doing interveiws at the combine... which I'm asuming is a directive by his agent Bus Cook.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

What did Cunningham do other than make a few highlight reels. Michael Vick, Andre Ware, Kordell Stewart, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Eric Crouch fall in the same category.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

No way do you take Cutler at #3. He is a good QB, but he is also is the "sexy pick" right now. Just because Young runs, doesn't mean he will automatically fail. The kid can pass. You don't lead the nation in passing eff. without being able to pass with accuracy. As far as not passing at the combine, why should the top QBs throw. There is no advantage for Young or Leinhart to throw there. Why risk having to depend on WR's who don't know you or vice versa? You throw at your pro day with WR that know the routes and you have timing with. Makes perfect business sense to me.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

If we get a Randal Cunningham out of Vince Young I would be ecstatic!! I would take that at number three any day of the year. I wouldn't mind a Donovan McNabb either. By the way, Akili Smith was not a scrambling quarterback at all. He could move a little but his strong arm and throwing ability is what people loved about him. I am an Oregon Duck fan and I can promise you Akili was not a good runner.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm wondering if Young has conceded he will not the the 1st pick in the draft now that Carr has been signed for 3 more years. The Texans had an option to give Carr a lower bonus and only have him signed for 2 more years but went for the 3 years which really points to them taking Bush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar