Will Vick every play again?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I just went to the Atlanta Journal web site and one of their columnists is calling for the falcons to cut vick, he said it would be a 22 million cap hit the next two years, wow. I don't think they will cut him but you never know, Blank seems to be a pretty decent guy and image in everything to the NFL. Let's say vick is convicted or pleads to a lesser charge and serves a year of so, do you think another NFL team would sign him or is he headed for canada?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think he gets out of this thing without serving time. Maybe 2 years from now- maybe as back-up. But he has got a lifetime worth of money so I bet he says wtf and retires if found guilty.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Blank's mind must be blank to pay Vick what that contract is worth (though I know a lot of it is incentives).

However if Vick is guilty and/or cut and comes back I still think he will be playing. I know this new policy of Goodells is going to keep teams mindful, although the policy is under as much fire now than Vick.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The good old days?

Ray lewis made a plea down to obstructing justice and didn't miss a game. Vick might be able to plea to a misdemeanor on this one if he plays his cards right. If that is the case maybe a half season suspension and back on the field.

The real question might be what kind of player he will be when he comes back. Everywhere he goes people are going to be riding him big time. He proved with that bird incident he doesn't take that too well.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd like to see Vick take the place of a lab rat & be used for testing.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really don't think with this new improved NFL image they will let Vick off. Especially considering someone like Pacman who hasn't pleaded anything or been found guilty gets a season.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Man, a 20 mil cap hit for the Falcons if they cut him... which they'll probably have to take if he's convicted, too. Something about that doesn't seem right to me - what were the Falcons supposed to do... not draft him with the incredible foresight to know that in 8 years a new commish would be laying down the law and their star QB would be indicted in a dog-fighting operation? Seems like Goodell needs to work with the NFLPA and give teams some recourse to deal with problem players - because right now they are forced to hold on to the ones they maybe don't want because they can't get let off the hook for their salaries. If he's going to make teams bear the consequences then he has to give them some control over the circumstance, too.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Vick ordeal is far more of a problem than Pacman and others. Atlanta's population is over 50% black, and he is/was a true hero to many there. I saw on NFL that in a recent poll about his situation, that 55% of whites said to cut him, while only 26% of blacks felt the same. This is why Goodell is going to handle this entire thing with kid gloves. I know Riverman isn't happy with it, but this is a true case where you have to look at the overall ramifications. Goodell is going to earn his money on this one. He is also going to deflect some heat from Blank, just as he has done with Bud Adams. Very touchy.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Just to clarify- I don't care what happens to Vick. I just want Goodell to use the same process. I take great exception to how the "new" personal conduct policy grants him role of "Grand Steward". He is not infallible and it is clear that he (and the league) intends to apply it selectively toward protecting the greatest revenues. I'm pissed because our Titans (and Pac) have not received the benefit that Falcons (and Vick) have.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The answer to the thread title depend upon whether there is a jail sentence. I think he will go to jail. If the charges are true he deserves it. Brutalizing hurt and defenseless annimals is just beyond my grasp to express... what I mean is many don't even have a serious appreciation for just how bloody awful these crimes against nature are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar