Will Titans Offense Be Powerful Enough To Keep Up With Patriots?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Pressure from the D-line, alone without blitzes... get in Brady's face - 2 or 3 sacks would be awesome.

I think that would do it.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by CJ this season. He's still faster than everybody on the field and he has gotten his elusiveness back. I'm trusting that we'll play to our strengths in the running game and allow CJ to get in some open space. CJ looked good this pre-season. He'll be fine.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'll gamble and blitz Brady. Regardless of what Hutchinson said about the guy, he's the 1st to start complaining when he gets hit. The games he struggles in, are the games where he's getting hit. And by getting hit, I don't mean getting the sack.

I hope Gray blitzes the heII out of Brady. If he's gonna beat us, I want it to be very uncomfortable, sometimes painful to do so.

4. bikini_titan

bikini_titan Camp Fodder

Well, as usual, we have no respect from Pick Nation, etc. We need to attack to win this game. Period! If our defense gets pressure on Brady and puts him on the ground a few times, we can win this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Simple in theory... get pressure on Brady, control the ball on offense.

I think we'll see the Pats try to nullify the rush by getting the ball out quickly. The Titans secondary has to disrupt off the line or it'll be pitch and catch. I'm going to lose my mind if I see our CBs playing seven yards off the LOS.

Offensively, the Titans have to keep the ball for long drives. For me, that means they are going to have to be much more effective on first down to avoid the 2nd-and-9 and 3rd-and-8 situations. If the Titans don't control the clock for over 35 minutes in this game, I don't see them winning.

Getting a lead early is going to be the another key. Keep the fans in the game. If the Titans go down by two TDs or more, and have to rely on Jake's arm, it'll be a tough first start for Locker.

6. jkille

jkille Practice Squad

you're right - our talent level on defense is a bit out-matched by their offense, so keeping them down will require creative play calling and in-game adjustments. our one advantage is d-line vs o-line, and we need to be sure to exploit it. our offense is plenty capable of scoring, but we have to mix it up and keep them guessing just as much as we'll be guessing about them, because even tho their defense was subpar last year, they've improved and belichick can out-coach most anyone in the league. i hope our coaching staff can keep up in that regard.

7. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Colin McCarthy...no one is takling about him this game...but they will be after

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, the Pats line is average at best. We should be able to get aleast 3

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I expect McCarthy to have a pick in this game. With him and Verner roaming underneath we might actually fare well against their TE's. I don't see Brad making a bunch of long completions on us, I expect him to get his yards by throwing underneath and on curls and outs.

I'm still uncertain about our offense. The potential is there but we've gotta execute better than we have in the pre-season.

10. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

I don't know why everybody is calling Brady soft, he puts his body on the line. Last year in the AFCCG when Baltimore tried to make that goal line stand Brady went right into that d-line, and got up and did it again when the first one failed. He'll step up and release the ball even when he is about to get clobbered. He takes huge his and jumps right back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar