Will Titans Offense Be Powerful Enough To Keep Up With Patriots?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

just saw an interview for grey.... best way to stop tom brady and the pats? "give the ball 50 times to Chris Johnson.... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    good thing he's the Defenseive coordinator...

2. MFister

MFister Rookie

I heard we are going to be using him whenever we bring out our nickel package which will probably be often since the Pats will constantly be in shotgun

3. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

IMO our very first offensive play should be a play action bomb! Regardless of whether we complete it or not it'll show that we are not going to try and manage this game, instead it will show we are not backing down and ready to shove it down their throats:whoop:

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want to go play action on the first play? Hmm.....

Wanna bet some moolah we run left on the first play?

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ill take that bet JC.

I think the first play of the game will either be a kickoff or return.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

:D

8. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

No they wont be able to keep up with New England without Britt but i dont expect the NE defense to be as good as the Titans. The Titans cant give the ball to CJ too much because he just isn't that good anymore, in order to slow down the game they got to roll locker out and look for quick passes and if their not there then have him run because that will obviously keep the clock going as well. Where CJ i think will be best is on draw plays because he just is not good anymore in an I-formation set and running downhill.

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

The defense also needs to blitz early and often and go more man coverage because the NE receivers aren't that great and obvously Brady is immobile but he destroys zone defenses.

10. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

I said it before, but blitzing is the last thing you want to do to Brady, he'll slide in the pocket at throw to the uncovered man. To beat Brady you need to rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage and put pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar