Will Titans Offense Be Powerful Enough To Keep Up With Patriots?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Even VY was able to become an effective passer his last year here. Accuracy is one of those things that can improve. I'm not concerned about Locker improving into a solid QB. I'm just curious to see if he's already that guy.

2. jkille

jkille Practice Squad

me too, i'm trusting that the titans coaches/GM were right about his potential. so far he's done everything right off the field (which is important), and his play on field is optimistic. a lot of times when you see a guy come in as a backup and have success, it's often just circumstance (remember billy volek? haha). but sometimes it means they're going to be badass once they become the full-fledged starter. hopefully that's the case with jake.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

IMO it will really all come down to the play calling. We can't come out and run 3 times up the middle on the 1st drive like we did in preseason. We need to give JL a few easy passes on that 1st drive to get his confidence up and his jitters down. I'm not worried about Locker once he is settled, its just the 1st couple of drives that I am worried about him making a rookie mistake.

I think we need to use the playaction early and often, and let jake get out of the pocket where he can run or pass. I think that will open it up more for CJ and the run game. Once the run game gets going, then I think we can let JL sit in the pocket and throw.

We also need to use some misdirection in the run game as someone else mentioned. Although some people will refuse to believe it, CJ has more than enough speed to make the D pay if they even hesitate for a second, but sending CJ right to them every play won't work, never has and never will.

I do think we have the potential to keep up with them on offense, but I don't know if we will be there week 1. By the end of the season I think we will have one of the best offenses, but it may take some time to get everyone on the same page.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Why are people acting like the Patriots are the 2012 version of the Killer Bee def (Miami Dolphins). NE can't stop the run. Locker will get at least 45 yards rushing. CJ will get over 100. If CJ (hands of stone) can catch passes in the flat, we will really be a threat. If we control the time of possession with a steady blend of run and pass, the Titans will be the most talked about team in the league Sunday evening.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

anyone watching the cowboys game... this dude ogletree is blowing it up...... any chance that this could be the year of the 3rd WR :biglaugh:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Giants have their 5th string CB on him, he better go sick on a 5th string CB.

8. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

Pats have solid run defense, it was pass defense that killed us last year.

9. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I wonder how much playing time Zach Brown will see. I mean, didn't we get him so that he could match up against those big athletic TEs like Gronk and Hernandez?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think we'll see plenty of Brown as our awesome defense is going to be seeing a bunch of 3rd & Longs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar