Will Titans Offense Be Powerful Enough To Keep Up With Patriots?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Play our kind of football with a tough defense and keep the running game going on offense to run down the clock. A good running game will keep Brady off the field also. If we can keep this game within 10 to 14 points, we have a shot at this team.

Turnovers a plus on defense!!

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd attack the rookies on defense...Jones and Hightower are on the same side...make them prove they can get it done in the NFL.

I think we will have a package with 3 safeties to combat the combination of Hernandez and Gronk. Witherspoon will come off and Babs will play more like a Lber position.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those are two really good players, IDK if I want to send :cj: their way that often.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree that they have the potential to be good, but they haven't proven it yet. I think Roos will be able to handle Jones.
    I would try some misdirection to see if the rookies are disciplined enough to stay home. I think they might be surprised by CJ's speed and Locker's mobililty.

5. jkille

jkille Practice Squad

i hope you're right but i imagine locker's inaccuracy being an issue his whole career. it may get better, but 5 years from now, even if he becomes a good NFL qb, i think we'll still see him over throwing receivers and burying our face in our hands. but i hope you're right.

6. JCBRAVE

Locker WILL absolutely improve, he knows what he's doing wrong when he's doing something wrong. He's not Vince Young, this guy grows as a player everyday.

7. JCBRAVE

Of all the defensive rookies out there, New England has the best ones. Lucky for us they're just getting started and wont be amazing week-1, but don't sleep on those 2 just cause they're rookies.

8. jkille

jkille Practice Squad

we can get a win if we have the ball roll our way a few more times than it does to NE, but also two things: 1. our d-line is as good as we think they are and gives brady fits right from the start. they need to hit him. 2. we don't get bull-headed with the running game, and continue sending CJ up the middle play after play, even when it's not working. a hurry-up, pass to run offense is the way we should go, assuming locker can handle it.

9. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

I wouldn't sleep on the Patriots defense. Lase year it was 31st in yards allowed but only 15th in points allowed. Add in the additions of Jones, Hightower in the draft, Gregory as a FA (not the greatest safety, but he is a legitimate starting safety to put next to Chung, we did not have that last year) and Dowling (who started day 1 as a rookie and looked good doing it) coming back from the IR. Add in the fact that the Pats have been stout against the run traditionally with Wilfork up front. This has the potential to be the best defense the pats have had in 5 years.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree with this, We can't get into a shootout with them. We need to trouble Brady with our pass rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar