Will Thursday deals work in Haynesworth's favor?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>INDIANAPOLIS - Developments around the league Thursday sure seem like they are going to help Albert Haynesworth.</p> <p>Several significant players got new contracts or were slapped with franchise tags. That means there are fewer game-changers that will become available on Feb. 27. And the contract details mean Haynesworth could well get the sort of dollars he's looking for.</p> <p>Julius Peppers was <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919050" target="_blank">franchised in Carolina</a> at $16.683 million. And Oakland cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha signed a three-year, <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919067" target="_blank">$45.3 million deal</a> to stay with the Raiders.</p> <p>That's a $16-million-a-year end and a $15-million-a-year corner, which you have to figure helps a guy who wants to be at least a $12-million-a-year defensive tackle.</p> <p>The Titans recent offer to Haynesworth was reportedly for about $9 million a year for four years.</p> <p>That wasn't enough Wednesday. Think Thursday helped it appear any better?</p>

More...

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we're going to let him walk

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

He is gone gone gone...

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Whats up with the Raiders paying so much for players? Look how Jevon Walker turned out.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And DeAngelo Hall.

They are becoming the new Washington Redskins. But Nnamdi is worth the money.

6. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

I really hate to see him go, but I'm more afraid of which Haynesworth we would get if he stayed.

7. jessestylex

i really do think we can fill his shoes. Titans are a pretty good club at making good defense players. KVB, Brown,Hanesworth,Bulluck,Layboy,Odom,Cortland,Griffin,Pacman we have a pretty good history of turning players into great players. I say draft the best DT in the NFL Draft 1st round. then spend some of our Cap on the offense and we will be ok.

Anyone know if we are going to keep Dave Ball? i hope we do, he could be our next KVB.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't see any reason why we wouldn't.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Offer him $12M for 3 years......Not a penny more.....Go away if you don't like it.

Detroit (Schwartz) could use him, although he'll probably never be in the playoffs the rest of his career.

10. jessestylex

Hanesworth said he wants to be with a winning team in the Southeast. i dont know how much he means that though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar