Will there be a new coach by the start of next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 12, 2009.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

How and why is he still the best option? Why do people seem to think that this team will be doomed without him? How much longer do we remain "loyal" at the expense of not really getting any better as an organization? I understand being loyal..but I will not be loyal to a fault. JF has that same mentality in regard to loyalty when it comes to his vets..and in the meantime there are some good guys thats not getting the playing time they could because of it. Loyalty to a fault imo does nothing but hurt a team

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think Fisher is gone and Dallas picks him up.

Gregg Williams will be our HC next year.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

But doesn't it feel as if we've been "sticking it through and staying loyal" with him FOREVER now? Again I ask the question, how many opportunities do you give this guy? This is his 16th year for crying out loud. He's only a few years away from a 20 year tenure. That's an awful long time to stick it out with a coach in search of your first championship IMO.

4. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Yes there will be a new head coach only because Fisher will be moving up to GM as for his replacement:

1. He'll nab someone from Schwartz's staff either Cunningham or Linehan
    2. Gregg Williams
    3. Promote Dave McGinnis who is the assistant head coach

it won't be a popular choice folks:doh:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not so sure. This season just seems a lot worse then any other. There's something different in the air.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I could honestly understand the point of "sticking with him" more had we actually WON something with him. But we havent. And statistically (record wise) we've been mediocre..we've most certainly had our bright spots...but we end up right back here (granted not this bad).

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

bud adams is too soft to fire fisher. plus this organization defines trying to stick and round peg into a square hole. if it doesnt work, do it the exact same way next time.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we had Finny and Harper the first 3 games, didnt make a difference.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

No it's going to still be fisher.

No coach that's not named Schottenheimer gets fired after a 13-3 season

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

and guess what, if coaches jobs were decided by solely their championships, then everyone but Tomlin, Bellicheck, and Coughlin should have been fired over the last 5-6 years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar