Will The Titans throw some $ at the WR position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Without the same old tired MT rhetoric do you think The Titans throw some $ at the WR position in free agency?

2. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

personally i dont think they will because the way our front office has been the past couple years we are going to conserve our money... this doesnt mean we will not pick up a wide reciever... everyone needs to realize that we have one of the smartest front office's out there

we will continue to sit back and watch teams spend ridiculous amounts of money on players who will probably be back in free agency in 3-4 years... the titans are smart by getting players just as boddy wade and justin gage for very cheap.. and the funny thing is, they produce! cheap wide recievers are still out there and a couple of them could make a real impact... although i would like to see them break the bank for a huge playmaker once, it wont happen

im hoping on bryant johnson or drew carter... both are big, fast recievers who will come reasonably cheap... not like stallworth

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I know I have been doubting the FO on this, but the only explanation that I have is that they know something that none of us knows. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's going to be a trade that gets Ocho Cinco in here, and they are gonna give him a new contract. That's why they are not making any moves. Remember I was the one who called it.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If you are correct on this you get the Bongo award!!!

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Haynesworth won't be cheap, very close 'break the bank' contract. They will not pay a WR what they will need to pay Haynesworth.

Too many teams willing to gamble on these WRs. A gamble the Titans are unwilling to take. Personally, I don't blame them.
    Was LaBoy worth 22 million? I think KVB made LaBoy worth 22 million, but if the team he's going to does not have a KVB, LaBoy is worth half of that.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief. There will be no Chad Johnson trade. [​IMG]
    What's next, a trade for Bigfoot?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bigfoot would be an upgrade over josh thomas.

8. fitantitans

Bigfoot? Can he play Defensive End?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we've already shown we're not willing to throw money at WRs.

10. fitantitans

If we threw money at the WRs we already have, only one could catch it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar