Will the Titans front office value character more in the 2011 draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ai2Ai, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Last I checked, New England choses character over talent. Tis why there a dynasty team.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brandon Merriweather had some character issues and they drafted him.

I wouldn't say they have not drafted some damn talented players over the years but no question they have had fewer character and legal issues than most teams.

It's a decision based on potential reward. Watt and Kerrigan are squeaky clean so if that is what matters primarily we should draft one of those guys. Doesn't mean they don't have talent.

Sometimes you draft a guy with no major issues and he goes sour on you. Hard to avoid that.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Does this mean that Quinn is out as an option? He accepted gifts from an agent and it cost him the 2010 season.

AJ Green took $1000 for a jersey which was basically a gift from an agent and was suspended. Scratch him?

Don't forget Marvin Austin, another player who is tainted. Can't draft him even in rd 2?

Honestly if we could get Quinn in rd 1 and Austin in rd 2 would anybody really care? Would it matter? No it would not. That would be a great draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Come on now RT. There's a world of difference between a high profile college player who accepted gifts (i.e. most of them) and a guy with drug problems or a criminal history. Nobody is scratching AJ from their list because he sold a jersey. Some teams likely have scratched, say Ryan Mallett, off their boards because of his issues.

Also, I think you can get away with worrying less about character the later the round. I'm fine taking some chances... just not in round 1. We've been burned too much recently. I mean, this team has NO pre-2007 1st round picks still on the roster*. I don't feel like doing the research but I'd love to know how many other teams could say this. I can't imagine it's many.

And then there's knucklehead Britt who is well on his way to being off the team....

*I know Vince is technically still on the roster but we all know he's gone.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

This is laughable. Your hate blinds you.

7. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

I would love Quinn as a Titan. He was suspended, but for a BS reason. Really liked what I read about him in ESPN The Mag a few months back..

8. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

What is wrong with Ray's character? He's a great leader and always seems to make everyone else on his team better. Besides the incident he had early in his career the guy has had no off the field problems. If you don't want guys like Ray Lewis on your team you just don't want to win.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I believe I've already stated that if Ray ever becomes a Titan I'll be selling my tickets for all the games (not psl, just the tickets).

I can't stand Ray. Hard to like the guy that basically cost us a likely Superbowl victory.

10. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Saying you don't want Ray and don't want guys like Ray are two completely different things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar