Will the Titans draft Mariota if given the chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fishman35, Nov 12, 2014.

?
  1. Definitely

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Depends on Mett's performance the rest of the year

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. No, we have bigger needs in the eyes of the FO

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. No way

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

One impact guy is great. Two guys like Shelton & Dupree would improve run defense & pass rush. I am just using these guys as examples, there may be better guys available when we pick.

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I wouldn't like it if we took mariota in the top 5, but if we traded down to the 12 to 15 range I would be ok with him. I would however take Winston ahead of him, I know he gets a lot of hate on here but I think he'll translate into a good pro.
    We could always trade for Johnny.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Let's see, there are 2 QB's people think are franchise QB's. There are at least 5 teams that need a QB. You don't think one of those QB needy teams will make an offer? They ALL will make offers!!!

Who is the best pass rusher in your opinion? How do the others rate for you?

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Randy Gregory to me is the best pass rusher and I don't think it's close. He's got closing speed and size. Reminds me a lot of Jevon Kearse. Go check out some of his film on youtube if you haven't.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanTime

TitanTime Special Teams Standout

Sign Suh. Draft Mariota if he's there. Those who say he doesn't fit Whis' style are right. But let's face it, another season like this and he won't be here in 2016. Draft either Dupree or Mauldin the 2nd, and go from there.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, he has closing speed and size. Check out Ray, Fowler, Dupree, Mauldin, Oakman (if you want SIZE), etc. Beasely is the best pure pass rusher but he's a bit smaller than the others. Then again, Robert Mathis is VERY small for his position and has been a dominant force for a decade!

BTW, are you not writing in your blog?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Thanks for asking. I actually got a job that is taking up all of my time. I hope I can make more time to do it more often.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. kenny

kenny Starter

I am afraid the Jets are gonna throw the game. If they lose they are in the 2nd spot right?? Where would we drop to with that win? Every year we get in position for a good pick & screw it up with a meaningless win or two. I don't see the Jags rolling over, but I wouldn't put it past the Jets. Going back to Geno?? Several players have already said the front office in NY has quit on them.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about these things. Where would we be if we win?

9. kenny

kenny Starter

If we end up with the 1 or 2 we will get trade offers. If the Jets beats us I think they will be the most desperate to trade up. Especially with their new GM already on thin ice. Fans & analysts have been calling for his head barely after he got in the chair. He may just be desperate enough to sell the farm for his QB.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

You guys relize mariota has 27 career fumbles and 11 lost he definitely has ball security issues. What do you think is going to happen when is hit by much bigger, stronger, faster NFL defenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar