Will the FBI investigate referee's of other sports?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans256, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Questionable calls have been happening since the beginning of modern-day sports. Willl the FBI ever turn it's eyes to other sports?

Personally, I think David Stern has more to do with this alleged "game fixing" than most people care to know...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Charles Barkley put it best, one bad seed. There always be a few. Ruined his life for a little cash. Shame.

As for the other sports, I'm sure there are one or two. But that is going to happen. You just hope they don't taint a game. At least this a warning shot to those who have not already been caught.

It's why there should be replay in the nba. It would not slow the game down, they already have a ton of timeouts. And a ton of pauses in the final two minutes. Watching replay for a couple of challenges a night would make no difference.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The other interesting thing here, is the hot headed Rasheed Wallace once confronted this ref outside the arena a long time ago, and exchanged obscenities, and was suspended for the altercation with 'em. I thought that was interesting. Rasheed is a borderline lunatic, but he was onto this referee's bull**** calls, and for once, was telling the truth.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The referee in question was looked at for a Chicago vs Golden State game when one of the Golden State players was in the key for longer than 3 seconds (automatic free throw and ball back) and he was seen stepping up and tapping the player on the waste. This was when the score was 112-112 Bulls ball winding down for the last shot. We ended up losing on OT.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...d_donaghy_help_warriors_in_game_versus_bulls/

Here is video of the incident

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/s...1185278514-UvnyTMGU8xYxCI+K+J1Nlw&oref=slogin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar