Will the FBI investigate referee's of other sports?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans256, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Questionable calls have been happening since the beginning of modern-day sports. Willl the FBI ever turn it's eyes to other sports?

Personally, I think David Stern has more to do with this alleged "game fixing" than most people care to know...
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

I think Charles Barkley put it best, one bad seed. There always be a few. Ruined his life for a little cash. Shame.

As for the other sports, I'm sure there are one or two. But that is going to happen. You just hope they don't taint a game. At least this a warning shot to those who have not already been caught.

It's why there should be replay in the nba. It would not slow the game down, they already have a ton of timeouts. And a ton of pauses in the final two minutes. Watching replay for a couple of challenges a night would make no difference.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

The other interesting thing here, is the hot headed Rasheed Wallace once confronted this ref outside the arena a long time ago, and exchanged obscenities, and was suspended for the altercation with 'em. I thought that was interesting. Rasheed is a borderline lunatic, but he was onto this referee's bull**** calls, and for once, was telling the truth.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

The referee in question was looked at for a Chicago vs Golden State game when one of the Golden State players was in the key for longer than 3 seconds (automatic free throw and ball back) and he was seen stepping up and tapping the player on the waste. This was when the score was 112-112 Bulls ball winding down for the last shot. We ended up losing on OT.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...d_donaghy_help_warriors_in_game_versus_bulls/

Here is video of the incident

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/s...1185278514-UvnyTMGU8xYxCI K J1Nlw&oref=slogin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.