Will the Colts entertain taking RG3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gunny, Mar 27, 2012.

?
  1. Andrew Luck

26 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. Robert Griffin III

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

Irsay's mind is made up. He knew he wanted Luck well before he decided to fire half the staff and cut Manning. There's a 0% chance they draft RG3. Any of this talk is to make Luck sign a contract faster or just to seem professional.

2. Coov

Coov Starter

For some reason I read that as Peyton Manning in heels.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Why would a cursory look at Griffin make Luck sign faster or take less money?

You can't go up to the counter at McDonald's and say, I thought about going to BK and getting a Whopper, then pay less for your Big Mac. You ordered a Big Mac and you are going to pay the Big Mac price.

4. gran54

gran54 Starter

I could see them going either way at this point honestly, but I still say they take Luck if I had to choose between the two.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

RGIII will be leaps and bounds better than Luck. Period.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I may be totally wrong about this, but I feel sorry for the one that goes to the Redskins

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think they have entertained the thought. But at the end of the day, they just HAVE to take Luck. Taking RGIII would be one of the riskiest draft moves in recent memory. He may very well end up being the better player. But Luck is widely viewed as the "safer" choice.

If they were to take RGIII and he busts while Luck goes on to a great career in Washington, the Colts FO would never live it down. On the other hand, if they take Luck and he busts at least they can say "Hey, we took the guy who was supposed to be the sure thing".

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think Jim Irsay is a total fool, so he'll defiantly make sure they take Andrew Luck without even considering Robert Griffin III. Everything Irsay says is BULL. Let's hope and pray the Colts take Andrew Luck, cause honestly I'm a little afraid of us playing Robert Griffin 2x a year.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To the guy on the left

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So do I, mainly because it's going to be RG3 and I like the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar