Will Robinson blow up the secondary this off season???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It's an old saying, but one dead fish stinks up the barrel. You get one player not pulling his weight and it can cause others to not try as hard. Cutting Cox served two purposes. One, he was doing nothing to be a starter on this team, and Two, keeping someone else from getting playing time that appears to be able to do better. Getting rid of him seemed to elevate the play of everyone. Some aren't the most talented, but they gave what they had Sunday. Tipping balls away, making sure tackles (can't remember one being missed) and attacking instead of waiting. Heck, we even caused two fumbles for the first time this year. We held the Broncos to their 5th lowest rushing total in Franchise history - 18 yards. So yeah, we are going to give up some yards passing. If they play this well against KC I will be happy, just for the fact they appear to be giving a damn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep, Cox should have been chased off a long time ago. He hurt us more than just his play.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Here are my later round picks for CB...

Kazee from San Diego State
    Robinson from Tennessee State
    Langley from Lamar.

These guys will be 3rd+ rounders and I really see a lot of potential in them.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

3rd works for me.

5. Bo Bo Clark

Bo Bo Clark Starter

Jmac looks like hes lost confidence. He never turns his head to find the ball, he just plays this terrible run n chase technique which turns into a DPI call. On the TD to Sanders Jmac could have had a pick or a deflection if he simply would turn to find the ball. Jmac doesn't fit the system, he has to keep everything in front of him, he cant run with ppl.

A lot of you have posted that its sad that teams target out "best CB" over a 5th rnd rookie but those rookies were picked by a guy who knows talent. L.Sims made some great plays by tracking the ball. Even against Chi he was able to turn and find it but being his first game it showed he was still getting used to the speed of the game. I dont care what round we pick a CB we need guys who can turn and run and track the ball in the air. That dude Harris Jr undrafted. Jrob was around when Malcolm Butler was an undrafted FA in NE. Those are two of the top MAn cover corners.

Wishful thinking but maybe we strike gold with Sims and Reed. Also Byard is the best DB on the team IMO

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

he has not looked too good for 98% of the season..

overrated, and has been for a while.. he made 1 good play ripping the ball from a WR but that is really the only positive thing I can remember him doing all season.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

His brother at safety last night looked much better. For all the above reasons I hope we get what we can and move on.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Reuben Foster and Adoree Jackson in the 1st round. We get a leader for our defense and a guy that can play CB and help us on special teams. Both are big time playmakers and have the right mentality and attitude for the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar