Will Mariota make more than Derek Carr?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Jun 21, 2017.

?
  1. More

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Equal

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Less

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Ahh. Didn't catch that Carr had already signed. I think Mariota gets more still but close. I don't really care either way though, just want him under contract well before we have any cap space issues.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Were not on the clock quit yet

I don't believe Mariota is eligible for a renewal. The Redskins are the ones who are now on the clock. Kirk Cousins deal will probably set the stage for us and Mariota..

3. DaCost

DaCost Starter

The real question here is what will jameis get...Are they gonna wait on us to make a deal??

I want 0 drama when it comes to this just pay him and get it over with .

• Troll Troll x 2
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

What did I miss that made Jared cook a proven weapon?

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I'm not sure with the most recent NFLPA deals set in place cause didn't CJ get an extension/new deal after his second season?

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

For some reason,after like 6 years of doing pretty much nothing, the Jared Cook hype train took off full steam ahead.

All of the sudden he was being talked about as if he were Gronk ...it's insane.

He did have a pretty good go in the playoffs...other than that...he hasnt done much his entire career but recently, mysteriously, became a great TE in some fantasy world that I've yet to be high enough to be a part of.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Rookies can't be extended until after their 3rd season. Not sure if that rule was in place before the most recent CBA.

8. JCBRAVE

Pretty sure CJ got a new deal after 2010 (after his 3rd season)

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Cousins deal will set the stage for Aaron Rodgers before Mariota

10. JCBRAVE

Probably

But we could also pay up sooner to save a few bucks in the long run. Every year is just going to get worse for teams to pay these guys..

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar