Will Mariota Campaign for Kelly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Old Oiler Fan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL no.

Mariota only ended up at Oregon because of how hard it is for college programs to get into Hawaii. Oregon is one of very few who even invest time scouting Hawaiian players.. Mariota would have done well anywhere he went. He was also better once Kelly left Oregon, so theres that...

2. TitanUp7

TitanUp7 Special Teams Standout

Yeah, I'm sure being only a RS freshman in 2012 in Chip's last year at Oregon and having more years in the same system didn't help him get better once Chip left at all... Freshman getting better year after year? No way...

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

point was he doesnt need Kelly, AT ALL

we dont need Kelly

why is this such a big topic?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

That's lazy, and doesn't even pass for analysis. Chip's teams ran the ball almost 65% of the time at Oregon.
    By the time Mariota left Oregon they were throwing it on about 50% of plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

LOL no.. you don't know he would have done well anywhere he went, specific programs and offenses help quarterbacks. If he would have gone to Alabama he would certainly not have had the numbers he did at Oregon. He was better when Kelly left? Yea but that's like saying you were smarter as a 4th grader compared to when you were in second grade.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Just because Belechik did well does not mean every fired HC will do well. Chip is just another in a long line of college coaches that could not back it in the NFL.

7. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Because it just may happen.

8. JCBRAVE

I really dont believe it will, same as I knew we would not trade away and keep Mett as the guy

some stories just get going and build as they make their way to the bottom of the hill, this is that kind of thing

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Too early to tell? 2 playoff seasons out of 3 seasons isn't failing. He only f'ed it up when he made those roster moves (as GM).

I'm willing to give anyone a shot, but I like Kelly, just because Mariota is familiar with him.

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. TitanUp7

TitanUp7 Special Teams Standout

Agreed that he doesn't NEED Kelly. No NFL player should NEED one particular coach. But that does not take away from the fact that these 2 guys, Kelly and our franchise quarterback, are perfect pairs for success. This dude had two 10 win seasons in his only 3 years as an NFL head coach. Yes, he got in over his head with overtaking the GM role and having complete and total 100% control of all signings and all that, but that still doesn't make him an awful football coach. No way I would allow him to take complete control as a GM as well as head coach, thats asking for trouble with one guy doing EVERYTHING. But I would absolutely have him as a head coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar