Will Mariota Campaign for Kelly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Old Oiler Fan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

You on the phone with "grandma"?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Would chip be any worse than what we've had in the last 5 years? No. Don't give him total control to trade, sign, or cut guys. He's no GM. Just let him be coach. I think he'd be magic with MM8. He would make guys like KW, DGB, Cobb, Sankey look pretty good. This is assuming we get better O line guys lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

I think a lot of our small quick players like KW and Sankey might be good fits for his system. Might even be able to work with our line better since they won't be asked to keep a pocket as long as a conventional system.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Agreed, the O line could look better with his coaching and staff he brings in. I know from his UO days, if a guy is not good and playing up to the level we expect then he's sitting. None of this BS of accepting below mediocre performance. That's our problem for over a decade, we accept being terrible or mediocre, no winning culture and accountability. It's time to expect winning.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I was thinking the same thing about Sankey. He sucks in a conventional NFL offense, but might just what the Doctor ordered in Kelly's offense. I can see Kelly trading Cobb and Andrews because they lack the speed needed in his offense > waiting until the 3rd to take Utah RB Devonte Booker

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

You deserve moolah for this.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Do you think Peyton never has a word in who he wants to bring in. Or he never campaigns for someone?

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't like peyton. Let's get that straight. That being said, Yoda is not peyton-good YET. Will he be? I think so, but he's not yet. He is not in the position to say shlt. He's a rookie. Now, let's say he does get peyton good in a couple years. Could he speak his mind? Yes. Will he? ....... i say he would only when appropriate and with respect in his tone. More likely, the owners would ask his opinion way before he just offers it. Bottom line, he is an employee, not the boss.

But that ain't today, bruh.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd probably hate that idea, but look what belichick did for the Browns before going on to become one of the greatest ever in Ne...

Not saying that will happen, but I would give him a chance at a HC role, at least kick the tires. Maybe see if he's interested at being the OC

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

of course he will campaign to try and bring a familiar coach in to help his progress. chip kelly made mariota great by bringing him to oregon, maybe mariota would not have been so successful at another program. i think when someone takes that leap of faith for you you do the same for them when their "chips" are down. punny right?!

If someone else is brought in Mariota will have to learn his 3rd offense. If CK is brought in he is familiar and a master of the offense. I would love Kelly to be OC or QB coach, but I would still be pretty excited to see Kelly head coach if he kept Lebeau and Horton.

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar