Will LeBeau be here next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

If Harbaugh comes in and since he's a 3-4 guy, then the answer is ........yes.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

He came here because he wanted to be close to home. If he wants to keep cosching, i think he stays with us. If a new coach comes in and actually wants lebeau/horton out, then he should be fired immediately.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

For all the talk of the Seahawks...

They run a hybrid 4-3. They play 3 huge DL's, then the weakside DE plays "LEO. It is basically 3-4 personnel with a lot of 3-4 principles.

5. xpmar9x

Updated NFL stats (defense),
    Titans ranking:
    Total defense: 5th
    Rush: 21st
    Pass: 3rd
    Sacks/PP: 2nd
    Pts/game: 17th

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllly hoping LeBeau stays next year. In just 1 year he turned this defense from a joke to legit. That's with the offense not helping last week, or the previous 2 wks with Mett, & the other games the offense has sucked lol

With another year of LeBeau + another year of free agents/draft picks, this defense could be special next year. Especially if our offense gets it together.

6. bupac

bupac Starter

Would be incredibly stupid to not keep LeBeau. Then again, this organization makes incredibly stupid decisions.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Man if we only had some CB's and a FS worth a damn we'd be the #1 defense.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The jury is still out on Mularkey with me. That said, if Mularkey staying on means that LeBeau stays for a couple of more years, I would be ok with that. I really think that we are building a strong defensive system that needs another strong draft to become a truly top tier defense, and if Mularkey recognizes/addresses his limitations (I saw a few yesterday with bad calls on penalty responses and that horrific challenge) he could be serviceable in his role.

However, when LeBeau does decide to retire, if we are not a playoff team at that point, I would be pretty tough on Mularkey in his evaluation (maybe to the point of replacing him)

9. xpmar9x

I'd like another ILB & a decent NT as well. I like Blackson & DaQuan, but they're both better suited for DE. SLH has been banged up all year, plus I don't think he was anything ever to be thrilled about. I saw Klug was playing snaps at NT yesterday. I love Williamson & Woodyard has been decent this year. Brown makes plays, but he's not the physical force we need at ILB, plus is a free agent and seems to talk too much. Perfect time to find that punishing ILB for the middle of our defense this off-season.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Improve the defensive backfield and add a playmaker at ILB. Add depth.

Combine that with a more consistent offense and we are in really good shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar