Will LeBeau be here next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If the new coach is smart he will will try to retain him. Mike Tomlin was raised in the 4-3. Got hired in Pittsburgh and kept LeBeau to run a 3-4. If its not broken it shouldn't be fixed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

3rd in passing, 6th total yards per game....he has put this defense on the map.

Only a few pieces away on defense......he better stay. Management needs to make this happen and keep him.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's turned our 27th ranked Defense into the 6th best in the league... We're getting as many sacks as anyone with LeBeau running things... We better keep him regardless whos HC..

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm hoping 'larkey keeps swimming the W's..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If he wants to keep coaching, I think he sticks around (assuming our HC wants him). He said he loves Nashville and at 78 years old I kinda doubt he's itching to pack up and move to a different state again.

I'm tellin you guys.... I think Mularkey in 2016 is a lot more likely than some of you want to admit. I have no idea what Mularkey and Lebeau's relationship was prior to Tennessee. But I'm betting they like and respect each other. Who knows, Mularkey being HC next year could be vital in retaining Lebeau.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I would love to have him back........ but hes almost 80. Not sure he wants to keep doing this. Guy has to have grandkids he could be seeing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LeBeau is why I want Mularkey to do well these next 8 games, theyre a winning pair.

They were together in 1996 in Pitt..

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Little different. Pittsburgh, at the time, was a very strong team that played a lot of 2-gap with a lot of players ill-suited to the 4-3. I think the Titans could make the transition back to 4-3 and do well with it. Though you would want to be careful how you play it. Moving to a Cover-2 style defense would be a mistake.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There is the biggest factor, age. As it is I imagine Horton is doing a lot of the leg work with Lebeau as more of an advisor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar