Will Keith Bulluck be a Titan next year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, Oct 31, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    96.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I answered no because MR thinks with his brain and not his heart like many on this thread. He'll be asking for more than what he's worth based on "captain/leadership" value regardless of him being 33.. "hmmm.. I really like you 53 and I appreciate what you've done for us over the years.. but no thankyou".

I'd rather tie up Haynesworth to a long term deal, and have some cap on the side to do things rather than spend every penny we've got for sentimental value.

For the same money, which of the following would you rather have?:

1) Bulluck who loves this team, and excels at his task of Team Captain.. gives effective pep talks, and is great at slapping around the youngsters around him to set them straight when they start getting stupid.

2) Tony Gonzales who under our system will demand the constant attention of both an LB and safety.. opening up our already scary rushing game.. and catching 4-5 passes and a TD in almost every game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Tony Gonzales is going to be 33 in Feb., i rather get a WR who can stretch the field with speed and catch the ball when we throw it to him then waste a 3rd rounder and salary to make him happy. Tony is good and has a few years left but i rather keep the draft pick and bundle it with another one to get a guy like Fitzgerald(example). I think Scaife is coming around real well and has just as good as hands as Tony. He needs to improve his run blocking but the kid is still young and that will come with time.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like what I'm seeing from Bo and I agree that he's coming around..but to say he has hands as good as Tony is a huge overstatement. Tony has made a living out of making circus catches... and we have a QB that is famous for making circus throws. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

Plus in our system it wouldn't be a bad idea to have 3 TE's... Bo, Alge, and TG.. It'll probably cost us more than what most teams normally spend on that position, but didn't Fisher promise to build the team around VY?

We've got Johnson and Hall to catch his 2 yard tosses.. and who better than TG and Alge to move the ball 17 yards per toss.

As for who we have on WR, I'm sure JMac and Gage can pull a long one in every once in a while, which to me is satisfying enough considering my heart skips a beat each time Vince starts looking 20 yards down the line of scrimmage.

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I agree Tony has been making a living out of circus catches but hes also been in the league for 12 years. Scaife has only been in the league for four and has made some nice catches himself. I'm sure as time goes on he'll be making more. I personally wouldnt mind seein Scaife get more touches in a game,when he gets the ball good things happen. Now Alge is a different story, i guess i was expectin Alge of old when he was signed but hes been average. I guess you could say hes been more productive for our running game then passing. Much rather have Tony then Alge thats for sure,

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Is this even a question?

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's debatable.

But, he is as important to the Titans as those players are to their respective teams.

7. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

I'm not arguing that he isn't going to be here, I just wanted to see what the forum thought. I heard that the Titans are going to be wearing an Oilers throwback jersey next year and I wanted to get one made with Keith Bulluck's name and number. There would be no sense in making a jersey that he was never going to wear, so I just wanted to make sure it was a safe bet.

8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Yes, the King believes he will be with us for several more years!

Yes, the King believes we should draft one of the excellent LBs this year and have Bulluck tutor him.

1st round choices: Rey Maualuga (USC), James Laurinaitis (OSU), Brian Cushing (USC), Aaron Curry (WF)
    2nd round choices: Marcus Freeman (OSU), Rico McCoy (UT) if he comes out, Clay Matthews Jr. (USC), Darry Beckwith (LSU)

Any of these could be great replacements and begin contributing soon.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bulluck strikes me as the kind of player who wouldn't show a great deal of interest in being a free agent. He just seems to be the kind of player who would want to cement a legacy here in Tennessee. I could be wrong but I would look for him to ink a new contract with Tennessee rather than leave here via f/a. I would look for him to get an extension.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would generally agree with that, but he made some comments about it at the beginning of the season, referring to Mason, Rolle, and Mac 9, that made me think he may be playing hard ball. I hope not, but I'm concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar