Will Houston Rest Starters Next Week Against Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am betting the Texans play this just like any other game....all starters going all out for four quarters. AJ may get some limited snaps but bet he plays more than people expects.

They won't be resting anyone unless they are already too hurt to play much anyway.

We are going to have to play as good as we have all year to win this game.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree.

They are imploding and heading into the POs with 3 Ls will be in their heads - lol

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not saying you won't be right but what is the logic behind them playing this meaningless game like any other when it is actually to their advantage that they face us again? We would be a much better match up for them than Cincy IMO (partly because it would be hard for us to beat them two weeks in a row on their home field) and how stupid would Kubiak look if one of his key players got injured in this meaningless game. We see this all the time in the NFL. Coaches never publicly state they don't care about winning and will even lie through their the that the game mans something to them. In truth since the Titans have to go all out to win this one the Texans get a free look at the Titans game plan while they can withhold some things for the game that actually has meaning. As for Johnson playing I just don't see any advantage of having a guy out there in a meaningless game with an easily aggravated hammy.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I also think they will put their starters out there but i do think its bad for many different reasons.They say the main reason they are doing it is they've lost a couple games and they need to have some momentum going into the playoffs.I won't feel sorry for them if their players get injured especially considering our team has a reputation for playing hard physical football.Best case scenario is we win and they end up with a couple injured players then we face them again the next week.

5. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Budding Star

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQ9gH9IECo"]Titans vs Texans Video Preivew[/ame]

Good evening Titans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

6. Oilers81

Oilers81 Camp Fodder

Doesn't really matter what's in their head if they simply cannot score points on offense...

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Houston is very good at batting balls down near the line of scrimmage. ESPN Stats & Info says the Texans have batted down a league-high 19 passes at the line of scrimmage this season. No other team has more than 14 (Miami Dolphins). Hasselbeck is susceptible to linemen getting their paws on his throws. He has had 13 passes batted down this season, tied with the New York Jets' Mark Sanchez for the most in the NFL. Hasselbeck had his worst game of the season in the Oct. 23 loss to the Texans. To win this one, the Titans are going to need a good passing day.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think they believe they will win this game without issue, no matter what anybody says in the media...and they want to take that win into the playoffs.

They need the win for no other reason than a psychological boost going into the playoffs. They are not sitting for a week with a bye. They don't have that luxury so they need to win and win big if they can.

What better way to get that psyche boost for both the team and fans than to beat us....I mean really. If we were in the Texans place I am sure we would want to beat the crap out of them if we knew it would put them out of the playoffs.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

If you are looking at this from the fans perspective, then you are correct. But from the Team you are dead wrong. The fans want them to win. But Kubiak and Co. will not go crazy trying to get a win. They have too much at risk to get nuts in a meaningless game. Kubiak isnt going to risk getting anyone hurt. Andre Johnson should not play many downs as anything other than a decoy.

The Titans will be playing for their season. They should be 100 times as motivated. If Kubiak goes 100% for the win and gets Yates or Foster or any of their others guys hurt playing hard for a meaningless win the fans will tar and feather him.

The truth is that Texans fans think there team is so good they can win with 2nd teamers anyway.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Don't forget we have this reputation of making second stringers and scrubs look like they done made the pro bowl.We can't let some no name run for three hundred yards and the record book.Spiller,Orlivsky,Mccown,etc. we have a bad habit of letting inferior players become better.Spiller isn't good yet like he was in college.Also Donald Brown ran a ball 80 yards on us and that dude probably gained six yards with his best carry before that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar