Will history repeat itself? (McNair vs Locker)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You don't spend a 1st round pick on a guy hoping he'll be "as good as McNair". Sorry.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... You talking about the same thread I shredded you in?

Surely you're not.

Delusion = bad.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

You are short. Short = bad. LOL

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You didn't shred me. I wrote a balanced, reasoned assessment of locker's play this season over 2 games. I gave him a C+ grade, perhaps the plus part was generous and explained that he needed to improve on several things and at least 2X mentioned the one bad throw that could have made a difference in the game. I was very specific and in no way was hyping him or saying he has done great.

You responded to that as of i had said Locker was the god of QBs. Just like your moronic reaction to this thread. A poster simply asked a question will locker be like Mcnair who struggled early but became a pretty good player. A simple thing like that makes you piss yourself.

The only position you can agree with is the one where Locker is the worst QB ever and the team is going to lose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why does he post here? He hates the team, hates the area and hates the entire south.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

First of all, he isn't saying they are the same person. Ridiculous rebuttal. Second, he's doing more than "saying" it, he pulled some data for comparison of their career paths. That's strong. You pull some data to support your statements/hypotheses or resign yourself to having a baseless opinion. (Not that there is anything wrong with baseless opinion, it's simply comical to read a rebuttal written with such confidence that doesn't address the data.) Give the guy some credit for pulling data.

I get what you're saying about McNair not being all that great. He was a co-MVP one year and didn't win a SB. But he did provide many intangible qualities at the position that made those around him better. Many games he ground out extra yards while taking some really hard hits. Fans remember and appreciate that "toughness" about him that led to some wins.

I agree with you that thus far McNair and Locker aren't very similar. in my baseless opinion, McNair could take the big hits and play hurt. Locker- uhhhhh- no. Mcnair would often roll out- Locker no. McNair would "tuck and run" driving safeties crazy trying to defend him. Locker- no. McNair rocked the fur coat and packed heat- Locker, no. McNair often was able to connect with Mason while scrambling- Locker, no. I doubt we'll ever see Locker give up his body for the "tough" yards the way McNair did and as a result we'll see MANY drives stall out.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Jeff Hostettler, Brett Favre (At the time), Doug Williams, Joe Namath, John Elway

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

:puke:sick crap! WTF

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

This thread should not have been started, what is the point in looking back at our past when our current and future is what we need to be focused on? Every person is different and what McNair did and what Locker does will be different at the end of the day,no comparison. We should also consider how the league has changed over the past few years from a running league to passing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar