Will Haynesworth ever EARN a ProBowl again?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 27, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, he will have more elite seasons.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, he'll get one when he needs a contract extension.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. No, because other NFC DTs will get the probowl invite.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. No, he'll never have a great season again.

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There's been discussion throughout the season about Haynesworth. This season he's had 35 tackles, 4 sacks and has started 11 games. This season has been a down year compared to his previous two seasons.

If I've read opinions correctly, some here think he's not good and will never have a dominate season again. I'm curious if you'll vote that on this poll and to see what is the overall opinion of AH.

The question, will AH "EARN" a probowl again? (not just because of fan votes)

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think so. He's a beast. The Redskins suck. Their coaches suck even worse. But he'll have some elite seasons.

3. iQon

iQon Starter

Earn? No. Once he earned that right to sucker Snyder out of all that money, he's set. His level of play has plateaud here in Tennessee.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Voted he'll never have a great season, but let me clarify. I think he'll go on to have good seasons, just none as good as his previous two. He's having HIS average season this year.

That said, his sack totals don't mean that much. We played and stunted him at end to keep blockers off him quite a bit. The Redskins could do that and raise his sack totals (at the expense of someone else's like Carter's or Orakpo's). It's not so much about his sack totals.

You can, however, clearly see that he is not playing like he did the previous two seasons. He doesn't stand the pocket up anymore. If he were playing like he did the previous two seasons, the Redskins wouldn't be in the bottom half of the league against the run (keep in mind they were top ten against the run last season without Haynesoworth), and they are. He seems like he's only interested in rushing the passer and actually ends up being a liability against the run as he gets washed out. I guess he forgot that he's Albert Frickin' Haynesworth, and can simply pick the center up and throw him at the QB to get a sack.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Didn't watch all of the game tonight, but I saw he made a nice 4th down stand where he penetrated and made the tackle. Actually did the same thing on 3rd down so it was impressive.

Think I saw him get pushed around once or twice in the 2nd quarter though.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i think he'll be decent for 3 more seasons. But i wouldnt say elite.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was finished playing for pro-bowls once he signed the dotted line.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think he will be that elite player for maybe one more year. He has always missed some games with injury every year and maybe that all catches up with him when he is over 30.

Maybe the media should give more love to guys like marcus stroud, pat williams and kevin williams. Guys who are solid every year and rarely miss a game. Those guys are making half what AH makes.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The best defensive player on the redskins is london fletcher who came into the league in 98 and has never missed one game. Fletcher makes $5M a year.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haynesworth will absolutely find himself back at the Pro Bowl in the near future. Once he gets a new coach, that coach will be salivating to work with Haynesworth. I know if I was looking for a job as a head coach, going somewhere that had a monster like 92 would make my decision so much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar