Will Eddie George ever make it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I agree with all of it.

I don't think Eddie will make it into the HoF. Would be happy if he did, though.

2. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I guess it will depend on how much store is put into the ypc category. Normally I would say he nor Steve ever makes it, but I suppose there is a chance. But it would have to include voters who also liked the number of carries a season and many years with a lack of a good passing game.

After seeing the long run, makes me wish we had a Runions skilled player.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We first need to worry about getting their numbers retired here. I do not ever want to see someone wearing a number 27 jersey.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I wish we would stop retiring numbers and just to the ring of honor instead.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sadly no, I don't see either of them making it.

Eddie hit the wall hard and his great career end a maybe one good year short of the stats that would get him there.

Steve was all heart and had a great run with the Titans followed by some very average years as a Raven. Very good at his best but not hall of fame without a SB ring.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Second question, did he play most of his career for a big market team?

Answer to second question is the same as the original question.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No way. EG was a very, very good player. Not a Hall of Famer.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Cris Carter can't get in, no way Eddie can.

Love Eddie, but outside the Titans fan base, no one thinks much of him, especially after that Dallas stint.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

This article compare Eddie's stats to four different groups of RBs.

1. Hall of Fame RBs since 1970 (14 total)
    2. non-Hall of Fame RBs since 1970 with better stats than Eddie (10)
    3. non-Hall of Fame RBs since 1970 with similar stats to Eddie (3)
    4. active RBs with stats almost as good as Eddie (4) (Note- article is 2 years old)

Eddie will continue to face some stiff competition from those guys, not to mention players at other positions.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

even if he played for the Cowboys his entire career. He wouldn't be a hall of famer...

There isn't even a lot of debate, Eddie George and Steve McNair aren't hall of famers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar