Wildcat in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytitansfan

tinytitansfan Starter

With the tough schedule this year, we will probably be in alot of tight games. I hope Fish brings out some trickery to pull through those. You can also use trick plays during the regular season to disguise and set up other plays for the playoffs.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm never sure how to respond to questions like this...

Could it be used at times to be potentially effective? Probably.

Will it be used this season? Not a chance. Fisher sticks to his game plan.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Speaking of trickery,i was surprised Fish didnt reach into his bag like he normally does on special teams last year. Hes always good for a few surprises but he pretty much kept it by the book as far as i can recall. Hopefully with the new additions on offense and another year underneath CJ belt,Fish and Dinger will make things interesting.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It would be nice to see Vince Young have some goalline packages. I imagine with CJ and VY lined up that would give defenses fits about which direction we would run.

I wouldn't mind a little creativity now and again. Fisher and the Titans used to be known for some of our inventive trickery.

5. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

yusss wildcat ftw its totally the kewl thing ta do now

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

We run the ball well already and the passing game has no option but to improve with all the additions made at WR. Whats the need for change?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

if VY can't be effective between the 20's why should he be inserted in a rz situation?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Because red zone defenses behave differently than defenses between the 20s. If you have the ball on the opposition's 3, with CJ or LW in the backfield, they are going to have to guess and push towards the direction of the runner. Add the VY equation, that he may scramble to the outside, make the defense add a spy on VY, opens up more opportunities for the run.

Or if d's totally ignore VY, let him scramble it to the outside. Or if it's full on blitz, let VY throw a 5-yard pass, something he's much better at than an accurate deep throw.

To sum up: it would cause mass confusion for defenses.

9. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

not our style, just give the ball to cj

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm not a fan of trickery inside the 5 of the opposition. I get much more satisfaction when the defense knows where going to run the ball and yet they still cant stop it. I think with the addition of Britt it should make things a little more interesting though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar