Wideouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Which WRs do not make the final roster?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2007.
  1. Eric Moulds

21.7%
  2. Brandon Jones

21.7%
  3. Roydell Williams

26.1%
  4. Justin Gage

45.7%
  5. Courtney Roby

34.8%
  6. Paul Williams

28.3%
  7. Chris Davis

23.9%
  8. Biren Ealy

56.5%
  9. Joel Filani

63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe you can read into Fisher's quotes today as they are leaning toward a 7th WR (something we've done before). This battle looks close, but I guess I'll throw out a guess.

Jones
    Moulds
    Williams
    Another Williams
    Davis
    Roby
    Ealy

I hope we don't just give the vet the job (not that Fish would do that *cough cough*). So I'd like to see Ealy and Gage duke it out for a #7 spot if we keep that guy.

2. None of them are gonna cut. We will cut some other guys to keep them all.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

impressive compared to WR's on the other 31 teams...or impressive compared to our group of WR's...

i'll admit, i have not seen a single practice, just the preseason games...i like what I have seen out of Davis and think he is probably the best WR we drafted this year....

seeing Davis standout against Paul Williams....and Ealy coming on strong...i still wish we could have drafted a Dlineman in the 3rd round to help with our dline depth....:))

4. You see thats why Fisher is the coach and he knows what he is doing. Didn't he say after the draft and some practices in that Chris Davis would be the one that comes in and makes an impact fast. And I guess Fisher was right, he has shown flashes to where he could be the 3rd receiver.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Moulds hasn't shown anything more really, just his previous NFL experience and stats. Really he is the only truly proven NFL caliber WR on the roster, although he is on the downside of his career.

The reason I think Roby gets the boot is he just hasn't been as impressive as B.Jones or R.Williams. Roby's plus factor was his kick return ability, but it looks like Finnegan and Chris Davis will do that, so that makes Roby more expendable.

I think if the Titans decide to carry 7 receivers, it will be Roby that dresses, and Filani and Ealy still go to PS. Otherwise, the battle is between Roby, Moulds, and Gage for the 5th and 6th roster spot. Of the three, I don't think any of them have done anything significant enough to guarantee a roster spot, but two will certainly make the roster.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Haha I agree with this post. At least the potential is there for one of the WRs to become an elite NFL receiver some day. But the way the Titans run offense, its unlikely that we will have a top25 WR on the roster statistically across the NFL. But that's ok for us.

My prediction for the Titans leading WR by catches: Bo Scaife.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Davis has clearly shown the most of any of our WR draft picks, and probably only behind Griffin on our hole draft.

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

none of them scare defenses

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not yet. at one point, no one was afraid of chad johnson or marvin harrison.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

niether does meachem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar