Wideouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Which WRs do not make the final roster?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2007.
  1. Eric Moulds

21.7%
  2. Brandon Jones

21.7%
  3. Roydell Williams

26.1%
  4. Justin Gage

45.7%
  5. Courtney Roby

34.8%
  6. Paul Williams

28.3%
  7. Chris Davis

23.9%
  8. Biren Ealy

56.5%
  9. Joel Filani

63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Who voted that BJ wouldnt make it????

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sox, I've tried to e-mail and PM you today. If you read this, can you check your PM?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, I voted for Filani, Ealy, and Roby to not make the roster.

I think Filani or more likely Ealy will make the PS.

P. Williams, C. Davis are locks since they are draft picks. Gage and Moulds have shown enough and are vets so that's why I think they will stick. Roydell and B.Jones have looked the best out of the third year guys, so...

that leaves Roby as the odd man out.

Still it wouldn't suprise me to see Gage or Moulds possibly cut instead of Roby.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you alex..

Some good sense for a change. Filani and ealy will both be on the practice squad.

No way in hell we cut a 3rd or 4th rd rookie WR and neither can be risked to the PS. Also unless i read it on moulds contract myself i don't believe he is guaranteed any starting job. He's played in 3 games now and has one catch for 5 yards. Big deal! Moulds should be cut!

It's brandon jones as #1, either gage or roydell at #2. #3 will be davis or roby though roby has disappointed. It's hard to judge guys on a few reps per game but if there are any trends they are roydell playing well and getting open often. Gage being consistent. Roby hasn't been that bad with 4 catches. It's hard for any of these guys to really well in the short time they get on the field and you expect the rookies to struggle some.

Once again with ealy we have a guy who shines some late in the game against the other teams 3rd stringers and some posters going gaga. John simon looked like gayle sayers in his 2002 preseason so where is he?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alex..

Why would you cut roby? Only 3 WR have more catches this preseason and roby has far outplayed moulds. What has moulds shown that suggests he is worth being on the roster? He actually started the first preseason game and played in the 2 others. Do we need a WR who has zero production?

I agree with you on filani and ealy..

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Filani and CDavis are the only WR not to miss practice or a game with injury so far this preseason. I know that doesn't mean much, but on a team with such dismal WR performance, stability is very underrated, especially when it comes to rhythm of the passing game. It would be nice if they kept the hard nosed players instead of the potential of guys like Schifino and Calico.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i read the poll wrong, i picked the guys i thought WOULD make the team.

jones, r. williams, p. williams, davis, moulds, ealy. those are the guys who make it.

8. How in God's creation does anyone here think that BJones is going to get cut? He's been our best target by far! I think that it will be Filani, Gage, and Ealy because we havent gotten to see very much of him.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i think people thought they were voting on who to MAKE the roster...by accident...

but really, are any of these WR's so good that you would be surprised if any of them got cut? I wouldn't....no one has played well enough to make me say, "wow, I'm glad we have him".....they are all pretty mediocre....luckily for brandon jones he is a better mediocre than the rest...and lucky for Moulds he has more years under his mediocre belt...and lucky for paul williams and chris davis their mediocre butt's were just drafted and drafted higher than filani...

10. I dont know if Chris Davis is really lucky. Hes been quite impressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar