Wideouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Which WRs do not make the final roster?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2007.
  1. Eric Moulds

21.7%
  2. Brandon Jones

21.7%
  3. Roydell Williams

26.1%
  4. Justin Gage

45.7%
  5. Courtney Roby

34.8%
  6. Paul Williams

28.3%
  7. Chris Davis

23.9%
  8. Biren Ealy

56.5%
  9. Joel Filani

63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Which WRs do you think will be cut? I think we could see different position roster than we may imagine, with possibly another WR being added to the roster. Rather than focus on who makes it, let's decide who gets cut.

If I were to base it on what we see, Moulds might not make the team, but as the younger guys hit their development wall and lose a little confidence, Moulds is sure to come in handy.

But what about Gage, the Williamses, Roby, Ealy...? Who stays, who goes?

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Filani and Williams have shown me nothing yet, Chris Davis on the other hand might be the 4 or 3 guy come opening day..

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The hard part is whether or not we keep 7 or 6, and thus to vote 2 or 3 guys off. Beyond that, here's my conundrum:

Roby is the fastest of WRs, but has not shown up in preseason, though was reputed to have a good camp. He's decent at kick returns, and except Griffin, I haven't seen anyone show more than he has in this area.

Gage - curses, he's showing up late. He and Ealy had good showings in the last preseason game. Both deserve a shot against defensive starters.

Paul Williams - cutting a third round pick is not unheard of, upon further review. Has he shown enough to stick? If you think about it like this, PWilliams and Gage both have signing bonuses of around $400K, so if you could cut Gage, could you not as well cut Paul Williams? Looking at it like that, I think so.

Ideally, you eventually have Jones and P Williams starting on the outside, based on speed and athleticism, with Moulds and Roydell rotating in, but this seems a long way away and may never transpire.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I voted Paul Williams, Roby and Filani off the island.

Keeping Gage allows us to have two veterans. Then we have 2 third year guys and two rookies. That seems a pretty balanced approach.

I could also see a trade of Troupe to the Jets for Justin McCareins, which at this point, might not be that bad. Darn you, Ben Troupe! Ham you to dell!

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

o damn, forgot about roby...

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we are keeping 7 tho, so i would cut Filani and Roby...

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i say we keep 7...

Filani looks gone for sure...

then it will be between P.Williams, Roby, Ealy, and Gage....IMO....i hope it is P.Williams.....

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My first inclination was to argue there is no way we would cut a 3rd round pick and although I still think there is a good chance we will not there is something to think about.

What if they see way more in Gage than they see in P. Williams right now? Gage can contribute right now as a 2nd tier WR who can rotate into the lineup and spell a starter and maybe even start. P. Williams might be a project who could take 2-3 years to develop just to a place where he can ever be a starter. I don't know what Gage's contract length is but in that scenario, considering Gage is still fairly young I'd rather have Gage. Who cares if Williams was a 3rd round pick. We lick our wounds and move on. If he gets cut and nobody picks him up we can still sign him to the PS.
    IMO a tougher decision might be what we do with Ealy who may look to have sa much or more potential than P. Williams and he actually looks like he could contribute now. Ealy might be the best WR of the whole lot in a few years.

right now I'd throw out signing bonus paind or draft postion and simply go with the guys who are going to help us in the next 4 years. Third year guys like Roby need to be shown the door if they can't be in the top 4 at this point IMO. A guy like Gage, who by the way I was on big time at first, might be a longer term contributor than most the other WRs we have. We have guys who will be entering FA, guys like Moulds who will be hanging it up and guys who simply need to move on because they are not good enough.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

you can tell we have a mediocre bunch of WR's...when everyone gets some votes to be cut...

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm surprised to see anyone voted to cut Brandon Jones, but I guess no one is above reproach.

Hope you weren't selecting everyone to keep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar