Wide Receivers... Who gets cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From everything I've ever read, year three for a WR is the one where everything comes together. They no longer have to focus on the plays and route-running as it becomes second nature.

If this is the case, Roby and R. Williams should be ready to make their move which is why I was bit shocked at taking three WRs.

It'll be one of the more interesting things to watch at camp.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Paul Williams will play CB, solomon will get cut, that will leave us with 8 at the receiver position, we probably wont keep givens when his contract is up.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The way Fisher explained it is like this: We lost two wide receivers so create competition for those two spots, and draft 3 WR.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The coaches were obsessed with Orr this entire season. So I doubt he gets cut.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

wasn't he cut and re-signed a number of times last year?

7. Deuce Wayne

Not sure. His name came up a lot as the coaches couldn't stop talking about how much he impressed them.
    But he actually has potential, he's quick, agile, etc. Something I dont see from any but maybe 1 of the WR's we drafted.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

the coaches may be high on him...but i swear i remember him being cut...then one week later we dropped someone else and re-signed him to the practice squad...i think that scenario played out more than once...

thus, you can see why people would assume he is at risk of being cut...

9. Deuce Wayne

Could have been. I don't remember, but we cut then re-suit players a good bit.

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

1.Brandon Jones
    2.Justin Gage
    3.Courtney Roby
    4.Paul Williams
    5.Filani
    6.Chris Davis
    7.Roydell--may be cut
    8. Givens would be higher, but he will be on the PUP.

cut: Jonathon Orr, Solomon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar