Why?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

You should never give credence to anything talking heads say. They watch highlights, they never go to the under dogs' training camp or preseason games. They send lackeys who could care less about what they report. Therefore, the talking heads know little more than you do, if that much. So think positive and send positive vibrations to the team and you will be surprised at what results. And whatever you do, NEVER sit down to watch a game with negative feelings about the outcome. NEVER! got it? :yes::D

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I think the Titans will have a surprisingly good season this year.

But even if we suck, that's fine too. That just means we can get more weapons in the draft and be that much better when the Jake Locker Show starts up in a few years.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is why people will think we're going to suck:

1. New coaching staff
    2. Casual fans can't name a single player on our defense (except Finny because of that fight)
    3. Most "experts" didn't like our draft
    4. We're in Tennessee
    5. Besides CJ, no big time players

Are one or two of those valid reasons? Sure, but you can't expect these guys to know every player on every team and how every team is doing through the pre-season and camps.

Do they know that our 1st round pick tore it up? I'm sure they noticed.
    Do they know that our no name defense is actually quite talented? Doubt it.
    Since they sided with Fisher last year they probably believe our staff is crap too.

It's just the way it goes.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Analysts don't pay much attention to us. They all have man crushes on Fisher and he's gone. They see a first year coach with a new QB and a troubled WR along with a RB who held out.

I guess I get it, if I'm looking from far away.

I got a great feeling about this team :D

5. rippy25

rippy25 Practice Squad

yeah PFT has us ranked like 27.

6. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

The disrespect thing is back! See we had this in 1999 & 2003!
    us fans should thrive on the disrespect!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

If at any point this year it looks like we've got not shot at making the playoffs, I guarantee you we'll see Locker in right away. It's been the trend since Flacco and Ryan (actually, arguably since Rothlisberger) to throw the rookies in from the jump or early in their first season. It's been successful too. Sanchez. Bradford damn near got the rams in last year.

I don't think we suck at all. We have the best QB we've had on our team since McNair (that's not saying much), but he has the right pieces around him on offense. For the first time in Titans history I'm more worried about the D than the O.

BUT as people are saing, that MFer in Indy finally went down and the division actually looks open this year. The Jags look sorry, and until the Texans produce a winning season, I don't believe the hype. You guys forget, every damn season that goes by is "The Texans year to make the playoffs". Also, the wildcart landscape in the AFC seems a lot more open than over in the NFC. They have all the talent teams bunched up in three divisions, and then the losers all out in the west. Over here it seems like one clear winner in each division (except ours, now that Indys knocked out) and then a big drop off. Nobody's gonna challenge the chargers. All offseason there's been talks about problems in BMore, no corners, no recievers, all those names on defense are getting ancient. The Jets lost some key pieces this offseason, and I never thought they were as good as their record anyway. Wouldn't be surprised to see them have a down year. So that makes it Pittsburgh, San Diego, and New England as the only "pencil in" playoff teams. What I'm saying, is we're as good of a team as we've been in the post-McNair era, and this is year where playoff spots are up for grabs. I actually like our chances a lot.

And wow sorry about the novel first post. Lol. BTW: I'm Alex, 21, right now I live in Vince Young's dream team territory as I'm going to school up here, but I'm from Nashville. I remember watching Dyson come up a yard short with my dad when I was a young kid and I've been die-hard ever since. I try to talk to people up here about the Titans and these weirdos only know it as "where Vince Young came from". Guess what, Eagles fans from what I see are actually excited about number 9. I try to warn em. Haha.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Ask Texans fans.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Fancy having to quote someone for your first post here , but the above is completely spot on.

Being off the radar is the best thing possible ; so are low expectations.

Nice that Munch hasn't told the press that this is the "most talented bunch I've ever worked with" blah-blah that we all glibly accepted under Fisher

10. ihatethecolts

ihatethecolts Camp Fodder

I actually wouldn't be suprised if we do what KC and TB did last year. I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be suprised.

Also people dont give our defense enough credit. Yeah I realize we were last/near last in most categories, but its hard for the defense to be consistantly dominant when they're on the field 80% of the time. So if our offense can convert and stay on the field, we just might shoot down all of those "experts"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar