Why?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

It's kind of weird to find a Titans fan living in PA, but that's me.

When I was younger, I would have family from Houston that would come up to visit in the fall. They got me into the Oilers - buying me shirts, hats, you name it. Despite my family liking the Steelers, I went with the Oilers and became a Titans fan when they moved.

I've been through it all - from the Music City Miracle (which was an amazing birthday present) to the Super Bowl loss - but I could never see myself following any other team. I love our Titans.

2. __pg

__pg Digital Ninja

I grew up a fan of all sports but growing up in Knoxville Tennessee everyone around me was narrowly focused on the Vols. I never really got into the college football thing, but I have since. My dad is from Philly so I liked the Eagles but he was a bigger baseball fan so I never was a huge Eagles fan. The Phillies are a different story. I grew up collecting baseball and football cards and was addicted (much like I am now with the Titans). I even mailed cards to players for autographs. At that point I was more about watching exciting players than pulling for a certain team. I was a fan of Warren Moon and did mail him a card and received a 8x10 signed back.

This built a foundation that only the future could see coming. Once they moved here (Nashville is about 3 hours from here), I was hooked. I have gotten worse and worse each year. I will never miss a game. I will never stop supporting them. I will never stop going to games. I will never stop watching ESPN or NFL Network and listening to Sports Talk in hopes of seeing/hearing a snippet of Titans news. I don't need a superbowl to validate my years of loyalty. I expect nothing in return except for them to hit the field on Sundays.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

4. Longball10

Longball10 Camp Fodder

I am from Central Pa which is Ravens/Steelers/Eagles/Redskins country. When I was younger, my dad always rooted for the Oilers simply b/c they always seemed to be the underdog. So the first game I remember watching was the Bills/Oilers playoff game with Frank Reich and the comeback. Since then, it has been all Titans, all the time. People always ask me why and the reason I mentioned above is the main reason and the other is Hank Williams Jr. In a song he once sang, "I lost my last ten dollars on an Oilers football game, I only lost by half a point, nothin ever goes my way" I am a HUGE Hank Jr fan also so its works. I cant wait to be in Nashville in 2 weeks for my 1st ever game against the Rams...

5. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Thank you!!! You are welcome there anytime!!!

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

"If you don't like Hank Williams, you can kiss my !@#..."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrK419iphiY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrK419iphiY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:cheers3: Even though he lost his last 20, not 10...

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I guess I'll play

Grew up in Nashville in the 70s and with no local team most people were AFC fans of some sort except for the unwashed hords of retarded cowpuke fans. Brother was a Chiefs fan so I was a Raider fan like my Daddy. Remember the Christmas we got the 70s classic coats with the fleece vest and the pleather arms color coridinated to the teams with a team logo patch over the heart - it was the bomb at the time. Anyways being a Raiders fan I hated the Steelers. Dropped the Raiders when they moved to LA and became a Bucs fan cause somebody needed too be. Then started following the Jim McMahon Bears for a few years. Joined the Air Force and was just an NFL fan, basically not caring who won as long as Pittsburgh lost cause that hate never died even though I had moved on from the Raiders. Went over seas for a few years before the Internet and following the NFL consisted of whatever scraps of info I could gather, but still nourishing that hatred for the Steelers. Came back too the states and MLB cancelled the World Series so I dropped following baseball enterily and it was NFL only from then on. Hated the Run&Fun or whatever it was called the Oilers played, hated their colors and although Houston never did anything to upset me NFL wise I just did not like the Oilers at all. Then the rumors of a move and the Oilers were on TV in Nashville every week. When the deal was finialized then I instantly became a Tennessee NFL fan. Only missed 3 games including Memphis and Vandy, and I only missed those because of work requirements. One was the Skip Hicks game though. I have a lot of respect for the guys who drive too Nashville 10 times a year for the games. It makes a long day and there is a lot of sacrafices made on the home front to abandone the family 10+ times a year - lol

Anyways I guess I would continue too follow the team even if it was moved, would be hard in a lot of ways, but then again with NFL ticket and such it would actually be easy as well.

I plan on a garagemahall of my own using the giveaways at the gate as the decorations, that and the tickets from the first 13 games and the MCM, Third time good FG against the Squeelers ect... all the tickets from the multitude of special games.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I figure there are basically three types of people in this world.

1 Those that don't like sports or sports other than football.
    2 Those that were born fortunate enough to be blessed to be Titans fan.
    3 Those born with brain damage and little or no self respect.

Next question!

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I want to Thank everyone for participating in this thread. It means a lot to me. I know that we all share a strong bond in our love for this great Tennessee Titans team.

Thanks again everone!

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I skipped out early from high school at like 9:30 am to go the Titans Superbowl parade and got detention.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar