Why you should not be a fan of Steve McNair anymore

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

"I have never before been in a situation where, as soon as practice ended, the first guy out the door is the quarterback."
    **** McNair.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

More evidence The guy had checked out way before the end of last season just like I've been saying!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Does this make a case that Baltimore now has their tittie in the wringer?

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I've been thinking about this for a while now.

I noticed something different about Steve at Training Camp last year. He wasn't as serious about things, he joked around a lot. Maybe I'm just the only one that noticed that I didn't really see the intensity in McNair. Of course the team gave him a lot of time off during Training Camp because he was McNair, but something just hit me odd when I watched the practices. I kind of had a feeling at that point that Steve wouldn't have a good year. Did he become a little lazy? Or maybe his "status" finally got the best of him?

That's one reason why I think Steve will do well in Baltimore this year. He will be refocused, he will work his tail off in camp to try and learn the playbook and gel with his receivers. He already has a huge advantage in having Mason as a go to guy. I don't think he'll get the amount of time off during training camp that was given to him by the Titans, he will have something to prove and I believe he will prove it.

Just my opinion.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I guess I'm just a hater.
    Titanium, I agree with you.
    I'd rather see him fail though.

He's just a damn carpetbagger to me now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpetbagger
    In the United States, the term carpetbagger was an term for Northerners (Yankees), especially former Army officers as well as businessmen and politicians who moved to the South during Reconstruction between 1865 and 1877. It was originally derogatory--suggesting an exploiter who did not plan to stay-- but was embraced by some of the Northerners involved. Carpetbagger is now the term used by historians.

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I noticed it 2 years ago at the first preseason game. I told all the people around me at the game within 5 minutes of Kickoff "There's something wrong with McNair" They said they didn't think so. But I noticed how slow he was walking on the field with his head down when the offense took the field. It was only a few months later he said he was thinking about retiring.
    The fire was gone!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Those preseason games against Cleveland and Green Bay?
    I thought we were rocking pretty good.
    We won those exhibitions I believe.

I'll take your word for it if you say you have a clear memory of it. Right about now I can believe most anything.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Y'know, I actually felt the same way during the 2004 training camp, except I thought the entire team seemed flat. There just wasn't any fire

I figured it was just me, and that my perception was off....but as we all saw, they really never righted the ship....the offense was horribly out of sync, and from that day forward, we've only seen a handful of solid games. In any given game, there is either a complete breakdown on offense, defense, or both....and it all started back in training camp, 2004.

Hopefully this year will be better. From everything we're hearing, guys are working harder in OTA's...there's a sense of purpose and a fire that has been MIA for the last couple years. With any luck at all, it becomes something much bigger and better than the listless gyrations we've seen for the last couple years.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well...I thought this was an interesting quote from McNair. I am still ticked that we could not find a way to keep him around and just cannot get over the fact that he is going to play for Titans-North.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The same heart and desire that made him step on the field so many times with an injury is the same which wants to start beyond '06.

Right or wrong, I don't think you can blame a competitor for wanting to continue on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar