Why we shouldn't take a WR in the 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Smart***Titan, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Reese deserves a lot of the blame, and so apparently we cant evaluate WRs well and you think we should take one in the 1st round?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didnt say we should just take any old WR in the first. i said we would be better served taking a d-linemen, or best available player.

what im saying is we havent shown the ability to pick the guys in the later rounds who have more holes in their game than the guys in the first. so why should we keep doing what doesnt work?

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

3rd round is day one, but I wouldn't mind the pick

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

1-Bowe
    2- Moses
    3- Bush (knee surgery

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Because we have a new GM and WRs have the highest bust potential of 1st round picks.

I'm not fully against taking a WR in the 1st, but how do we know who is any old WR that is going to bust (like many have) and which one is going to be a star (like so many non-1st rd. WRs have become)?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hardly

what those numbers tell me is that you are better off taking a WR in the first than in the second or third, like so many here want to do.

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I agree w/ you about the picks and bowe, but if somehow Jarrett slips we may take him.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Why limit it to only 4 years? and how come there aren't any picks past the 2nd round?

Research 1st rounders 1997-2007 (last 10 years) vs. non-1st rounders in comparison to other positions.

I think you'll see what I'm talking about

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

you should do that then, that took a lot of time and that was just 4 years

as for the post above, yeah you could get a solid WR out the 2nd round, but in the drafts from 2000-2004 there have been only 2 great WR's from the 2nd Round- Johnson and Boldin

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I did. But apparently this server doesn't save anything over the last 4 or 5 pages.

And in your research, you bolded Lee Evans and left Chris Chambers normal when Chambers has been more productive.

You also left off Houshmanzadeh, Darrell Jackson, and Laveranues Coles

And only 2 out of those 7 "great WRs" would be available with our pick at #19. (It's not hard to tell that Calvin Johnson is going to be very good)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar