Why the Tajae hate?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Mar 17, 2017.

Why do you hate Tajae?

1. I don't. I'm rooting for the kid.

93.3%
  2. He ain't no good.

5.3%
  3. Because F**k him that's why!

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Starter

No hate at all for the guy. I like him but the preseason hype was pretty big on him, many reports saying he's the guy, new #1, great target for MM8, etc. He looked every bit of the hype in preseason games and was getting majority of the targets but then the real season started. I admit, I was expecting more out of him and he never emerged as the "guy." Rishard did what I thought Taj would become. Rishard established himself as the top WR and was impressive.

Taj is a young guy and I think will develop but the issue is something he cannot develop and that's pure speed. I am not saying he won't ever be good which he definitely can because of his route running, good hands and work ethic. He won't ever be an AJ Greene but I think if he bulks up he can be a Anquan Boldin type.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Wake up and die right Tip Jar Donor

Get out, Boldin?!

Never

Tajae at best is a Harry Douglas Jr.
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

If we look back, rookie Jerry Rice played with a HOF QB who was a few years into the league already throwing for 3500 yards in a season. Even then he still only had 8 more catches and 1 TD his rookie year (quite a few more yards though ~400).

I'm not on the hype train but I think it's silly to think he had a "bad" year. He's right about where Kenny Britt was before he started getting injured all the time, and people were pretty high on him in the early years.
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Starter

Why you got to hate on me expecting or hoping our players can become better! HAHAHA .
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Wake up and die right Tip Jar Donor

I mean Boldin is probably the last guy Id ever think to compare Sharpe to, Boldin would beat a grandmother down for a football, Sharpe not so much.

Plus Boldin is like 220, Sharpe is barley 190lbs soaking wet after he eats dinner.
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Starter

I figured he needs a couple NFL training programs to bulk up. Maybe Boldin is too high of a ceiling, step it down to Doug Baldwin
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Same reason I said it'd happen. This board builds rookies up WAY too much. It becomes trend to praise a guy... which then makes that player unable to live up to the fabricated hype.

So when they are just a decent player and playing within the realm of their potential- the board turns. Happens every time.

Basically: Childish fans.
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Love the kid. He's a baller. Just way too over-hyped in the beginning. It puts a lot of pressure on a 5th rd rookie. He's got his head on straight so he'll only get better.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Hate on TaJae?! C'mon son.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Ppl hate on Tajae because the hype but we should all be happy we found a guy that can play in the 5th round. Tajae can play
    • Winner Winner x 1