Why play CJ in the fourth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd rather see 1500 and see Vince vastly improved.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd like to think it was to help keep CJ happy.

However I think it was more that's Fisher's MO and it's predictable and stupid.

Why not give Collins,Cook and Ringer those late series. Balls to being predictable and going easy on a turd of a team. Stick the knife in.

You turn up in our house and lay an egg then we should darn well make an omelette out of it with all the trimmings.:)

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

While my bs detector is beeping, I could at least understand the excuse that they were working on things. The o-line had some issues, but CJ also ran directly into his blockers a good 3-5 times in the first half at the least. I could also understand playing the starters almost the whole game to get up to speed from preseason.

I don't view it as that big of a deal. Ringer spelled him several times yesterday, as I'd expect he will continue to do this season. I doubt we see CJ get that many carries every week.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't care how many games we're up by 20 something in the 4th...

CJ isn't getting 2k this season.

He looks slower, but the blocking looks significantly worse all of a sudden. Those huge runs are going to be few and far between this year. Especially with our schedule.

Outside of that 1 run, he looked weak Sunday. Too much tip-toeing around like he was scared to get hit late in the game.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is just one game so how can there be a trend for anything?

Sure take away the 76 yard TD and he only averaged 2.55 yards a carry and that is a concern but the line opened huge holes on 2 occasions and each time we got a big TD with CJ and Ringer.

Combined our 2 backs has 32 carries for 175 yards and 2 Tds. Not much to complain about.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think Ringer has performed well enough to get 10 touches a game. 9-10 carries and maybe a chance to work some in the passing game. He is a good blocker also.

He has proven himself to be good enough to get that much time and with 9 minutes left and a huge lead he should have been in there the rest of the way.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The Raiders totally zoned in on CJ in the first half, and Vince Washington made them pay with the playaction. Then they backed up and Ringer and CJ burned them for big touchdown runs right up the middle. Nothing to be worried about there.

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

that's why some argue that Adrian Peterson is the better back....CJ2k is swing big ...miss big

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He always tip toes around like that...It's what CJ does. To me the running game looked pretty much identical to last years, mediocre to bad runs, followed by a homerun.

10. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I heard CJ couldn't find a Wifi connection in LP Field so he couldn't update his twitter... so he thought he'd work some on his 2500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar