Why Of All Reasons Would You Have A Superbowl Played In The Cold???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 4, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I appreciate the change.

I don't want it played up north every year, but every 5 years or so would be okay with me.
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Well they have played in Minnesota and Detroit before. Dome teams up north. Do not need to play everywhere. New York just think they are special and above everyone else.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

The Super Bowl generates a huge amount of money for a community, and also requires a big time infrastructure.

Hard to host a Super Bowl with limited hotels and restaurants, New York City/ Jersey offers that at its finest.

I totally understand why the NFL (based in NYC) would want to host the Super Bowl in the NY/NJ area. And since I'm most likely not going to be sitting in the cold (unless the Titans are playing) I personally dont mind them having a cold weather Super Bowl there.

But if I was going, and I had the choice, I'd prefer a warm climate hold the game. But since I live very close to NYC and if the Titans make it, Im so selling a kidney to make it there.
  4. amy

amy Starter

Money rules the day. That's why it's gonna be in NY. nothing more, nothing less. just the money.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

They're attaching a giant heater to the Goodyear hotair balloon. Should be a nice 65 degree day near or in the stadium.
  6. The Hammer

What will be the carbon footprint on that thing lol
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Like that even matters. China will inevitably end us all.
  8. The Hammer

Would also be a giant waste of time since heat rises :p

Better to install heating pipes under the field ;)
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

10. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

There have been Superbowls played in cold conditions before.

Super Bowl VI in 1972 was played at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans and is the coldest one ever played with temperature at kickoff around 39 degrees. Dallas defeated Miami 24-3

Super Bowl VIII in 1974 was played at Rice Stadium in Houston and temperature was 50 degrees at kickoff. Miami defeated Minnesota 24-7

Super Bowl IX in 1975 was played at Tulane Stadium with temperatures around 46 degrees at kickoff. Pittsburgh defeated Minnesota 16-6

Super Bowl XIX in 1985 in Stanford,California at Stanford Stadium was 53 degrees at kickoff with San Francisco defeating Miami 38-16