Why not try 52 yard field goal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Hmmmm we punt when we could have tried a 52 yarder, but then we try a 55 yarder next posession right before half time and he makes it!!!! Way to go fisher!!!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Which quarter was it? The way the wind was today there was a good chance the 52 yarder was going against it. I know for sure the 55 yarder was with the wind.

Then again, given the timing of this thread, I'll file it under "emotionally irrational."

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're going to use this thread for questioning Fisher, please don't crash the gotitans.com server...

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Wuts this finish him business

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This one is easy. You don't risk a long kick on a windy day unless it's right before the half (when there is no downside to missing). No coach in the league would make that call.

There's plenty to criticize about the way the Tutans played and were coached today. There's no reason to criticize this.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I remember this and I thought we should have at least gone for it instead right when it happened. We ended up punting and they got the ball on the 20. first play they're at the 35. that did a lot of good!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was wondering the same thing! WTF is Fisher doing???? No wonder his wife fired him. Damn smart idiot, jeez Jeff. I don't care if a tornado is stiring up in the parking lot, you have Bironas! Kick it!

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

apparently none of yall were watching the game, we had the wind with us!!!!!! It was the second to last drive of the half! they turned out getting it at the 20 anyways!!!!

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Believe in Bironas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar