Why not the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Interesting season in the NFL. In the AFC, you can only really say there are 4 good teams so far. Patriots and basically the AFC West minus the Chargers. In the NFC, you would probably only say Cowboys and Seahawks with a maybe Falcons.

So why not us? Somebody has to win the South, I see no reason it can't be us with 4 winnable games against other teams at the mediocre level we are at. Mariota and Demarco remain hot, or at least get hot enough at the last game and into playoffs that really anything is possible. 9-7 teams have won Superbowls.

My new prediction, and they've all gone so well so far, is that our game gets flexed as the New Year's Day 7pm final game of the NFL regular season vs the Texans for the AFC South title and a home playoff game. Titan Up!

• High Five High Five x 10
    • Cheers Cheers x 4
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Although I doubt it'll happen, I sure as sugar hope you are right.

High-five on that post Alex!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Isn't likely to happen but the chance it there. We'd really need to win five of the last six meaning we'd need to win all three division games, beat Chicago and split the Broncos/Chiefs games. We might have a chance winning four of the remaining 6, assuming we win all the divisional games.

Ending the season at .500 (8-8) would still be a victory considering this team wasn't supposed to be anywhere north of six wins.

4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I kinda think most fans would accept a 9-7 record with a wild card berth. I would think that would surpass any and all expectations.

I would certainly surpass mine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need the Texans to start losing games. Somehow they're playing poorly and backing into wins, it needs to stop.

This really won't mean anything if we don't beat the Colts. It's time to get that monkey off of our back.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Here's where it is just tough to get done but certainly not impossible by a long shot. The following is basically a discredited shot at WC, I think Ten would have to go 5-1 and have help for WC.

Tennessee:
    Needs to go 4-2 with wins over IND, HOU, JAX to get 4-2 division record.
    Need another win over KC or DEN to get that 7-5 conference record.
    A loss to CHI and KC or DEN won't necessarily hurt for tie breaker purposes.
    We end 9-7

Houston:
    Needs to finish 3-4 with losses to TEN, IND/JAX (indy more likely) 4-2 div, we split, refer to conf. record then.
    Lose to 2 of SD, OAK, CIN - Conf record 6-6.
    They can beat GB, one of IND/JAX and one of SD/OAK/CIN and end 9-7.

Indianapolis:
    Can end 5-2 but MUST lose to TEN and another AFC team 3-3 div (unless they lose to Hou/jax), 6-6 conf.
    They would end 9-7 and play Minnesota, Pitts, NYJ, OAK, TEN, JAX, Hou.

It starts this week. A loss to Indy really hurts our chances because of division record tie-breakers alone. Lose to Indy, the amount of help needed becomes a really tall order.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The Texans are trash and getting worse as the season goes on regardless of what their delusional fan base thinks. It's funny to read their predictions every week for scoring and how they keep picking the Texans to score 30 plus when the Texans have barely scored 20 most games this season on offense. The Texans record is smoke and mirrors and 7-9 8-8 is probably where they end up. The Titans could get in at 9-7 but I'm not expecting that. I think it is possible the Texans still win the division but get killed in the playoffs again. However, the Titans may surprise and win the division.

Thunderkyss actually thinks the Titans will score no more than 16 in the Titans next meeting with the Texans. Completely delusional. I think the Titans are a better team right now and will throttle the Texans on Jan 1.

8. kstone

kstone Starter

I would have more faith if our cb's didn't suck so much.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Texans had 99 yards passing against the Jags and won. It can't keep going. They have Oakland at home on MNF next week. That should end that.

And yes, we have to beat the Colts or we can stop these threads.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar