Why Munch Should Still Be Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Elite QB's dont grow on trees, and its easy to find several organizations that do not have one. Even now, there are not many "elite" QB's.

And I do agree with bye bye locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Agreed, I have been hard on this current regime, but there were some really good years interspersed with a lot of mediocrity. The trouble with those good years is/was that we never managed to do that much with them besides the SB appearance year. In 08 we ended up 13-3 and didn't get past the first round and we had a hell of a lot of talent (except at QB) on that team yet first round exit yet again. I was at that game and yeah we had some of the flukiest s*** happen to us and the refs bent us over and reamed us, but I think a lot of peoples frustration stems from the fact that we can't somehow get it right and put together an organization that is typically and perennially successful (like NE, Denver, Pitts, Bmore in the AFC). Why do we have one or two really successful years followed by long periods of 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 etc etc ... That is my personal frustration with this team...But you are correct, I do think they want to win, and try to win, they just don't put the right people at the top in order to cultivate a winning organization. Typically there has just been too much cronyism in this franchise to get over the hump of mediocrity IMO.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Hilarious everyone thinking we make it in.

Get a reality check.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Or perhaps you should understand it's just as much about other teams being bad as it is us being good.

Not exactly a far-fetched idea.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yep, somebody has to make it.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

it makes me seriously question the validity of the current system, when the 2013 Titans and/or Colts make the playoffs. Possibly two of these junk teams can make it in, while a superior team may not make it in due to tougher opponents. I wish they had a weighted system. Although,

I'm sure it's rare to have four of the worst teams in the conference all in one division, so the system usually works out fairly.

But it is what it is.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its not about starting the season hot, its about getting hot as the year progresses. If the 2011 Giants can win it all, so can we. Well maybe not but shut up.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

hilarious all these fans giving up

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Don't worry, the Titans will do their patented move where they let you down HARD. Whether it be in week 11-17, or the first round of the playoffs. it always happens.

Maybe one day they will break the cycle. But it has been a cycle with the franchise since 1961. 3 years before my father was born. Odds are not in our favor.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its a pity so many of you are afraid of winning that you reject the notion we might be a good team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar