Why Mike Munchak will be coaching this team in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Dec 20, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm used to it... I just feel like everyone is making the classic mistake of getting their hopes up. Everyone has made it up in their minds that Munch is a goner. There are two options: Fire Munch or keep Munch. It's a toss-up. If he were with any other team, he'd be gone. But we're the Titans.

I'm simply making my prediction and polling everyone to see whether or not they think he'll be back next season. If we get blown out tomorrow (hope we do), maybe I'll start to change my mind. If we lose both of these next two games I would definitely expect him to be fired. Until then, I fully expect Munch back for another season.

Yea... This wasn't a thread based on my opinions. It's based on what I think will happen... and what I've grown to expect from this team over the years. I clearly stated that I have wanted Munch gone for a long time now, and if I were in charge he would have been fired after the Jags game. If poor Bud could've lived a little longer, Munch would already be out.

Like I said... Prove me wrong, Tommy Boy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I voted No buts its hard to say with this rookie ownership. Maybe they dont want to rock the boat quite so much yet which would be a huge mistake considering our situation. I know everything happened all the sudden but now is the right time to bulldoze the foundation and rebuild this team.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The game that most bothered Bud was the game against the Bears when we were totally dominated and it seemed like 33% of the stands were filled with bear gear. Another piece of the Munch legacy.

That game speaks to us the difference between our franchise and the fans vs the entrenched franchises like the bears, steelers and Giants. You would never see as many no shows at any Packer game no matter what the record that we had on sunday. The packers could be 1-12 and that would not happen.

Management has to take notice that 1/3 of the support for this team is less than ironclad. The love affair that existed from just having a team in Nashville is over. People want results on the field.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would you rebuild the whole team? The 49ers did not bulldoze anything they just hired a new coach and started winning.

5. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

Nah he's not going to last until next season and you're looking through rose tinted glasses if that's what you believe.

Bring on the hunt for a new HC. It will at least qwell my thirst for football now that it is an additional month until the draft.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That avatar is freakin awesome.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I sort of agree but I don't think the fans have any less "love" for the team that they follow. They, ok I will only speak for myself here but I suspect thousands of PSL owners feel the same, are sick of the same crap year after year, after year. We are stuck with a 70's style offense in the 21st century. I will admit that the heady years of McNair, eddie, the freak, were glorious and perhaps as fans we took that for granted but the hard truth is we have been watching the same season play out for the vast majority of our 17 year relationship with this team. I don't expect a SB appearance to keep me happy as a fan, just make the playoffs once every year or two and I will take what happens (although finding new ways to lose to the ****ing ravens at playoff home games gets tiresome). Just be competitive and the fans would still come and be happy, we haven't been competitive for 5 or more years.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. Hell, I don't even expect a playoff appearance every two years. But we're looking at 5 straight seasons now with no playoffs. And only 2 appearances in the past 10 years. Pathetic.

I know no one here wants to admit it, but we've truly become one of the NFL's garbage franchises. We are absolutely right there with the Jags, Browns, etc.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

Yes a playoff appearance would be breath of fresh air in an otherwise dull decade of football in Tennessee.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's a harsh reality. Only a culture change is going to be able to pull back on the yoke hard enough to elevate the franchise.

Being one of the few "charter" franchises left to have not won the SB speaks volumes about the culture. I used to wonder why the organization had a tendency to hire from within, when what is within has never produced a Lombardi. It became clear to me a year or so ago that Bud wanted "his guys" within the organization rather than importing new blood/fresh ideas etc. It was the same "good ole boy" approach that made him wealthy but doesn't translate into a more dynamic and rapidly evolving competitive environment like the NFL.

This franchise has failed to forge an identity. It takes winning a championship to that. Packers, Patriots, Bears, Steelers, Ravens et al fans support their team thick and thin because they've tasted a championship. Knowing their franchise has been there allows them to tolerate the down years. Those organizations home fields have an identity, backed by a history of winning. We can't even defeat winless teams at our home field. I can't tell you how demoralizing that is for a PSL owner. I feel like a fool for supporting these hapless potato sacks with my hard earned money. And it becomes intolerable when your franchise GIVES the head coach job to a former position coach without even a hint at an attempt to hire the best man for the job.

What person in their right f*cking mind would continue to throw money away? The games aren't even fun to watch.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar